Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Michigan Thread

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Joe4th, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Our state rules. Discuss it here.

2. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Hi. I'm from Kalamazoo. I really like it here. It's especially comforting living in one of the few counties that didn't swing Trump in the election.

amorningofsleep and Joe4th like this.
  3. Carmen SD

Trusted

At first I thought it said "magician" and I was thinking I didn't know people on here did magic

4. Joe4th

I'm on the east side, in Romeo, Michigan. Not a lot of cool stuff out this way, I've been strongly considering finding a job on the west side and moving out there.

amorningofsleep likes this.
  5. RJ Knorr

Trusted Supporter

I'm in Adrian. It's not bad here but it would be nice living closer to Ann Arbor or Detroit

6. zmtr

Trusted

10 minutes outside of Detroit. whaaaaaaaat up

Joe4th likes this.
  7. JimmyIymmiJ

Music, a steady riot in my soul. Prestigious

I've been gone for a while now, put I lived in Michigan until I was 26. I was in Detroit until I was 24, and then spent a couple years bouncing around Downriver. Definitely have a lot of fond memories, and it was pretty wild to see how much it has changed when I went up to visit a few months ago.

Joe4th likes this.
  8. RJ Knorr

Trusted Supporter

9. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Waterford reporting in. It's ok. Bit of a culture shock moving from Royal Oak to here, but eh, what ya gonna do about it?

10. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Warren and Clinton Twp resident here.

I was looking for a Detroit thread, but this’ll do. Let me just say...driving downtown sucks and it gives me so much anxiety. Idk how people drive there willy nilly day just for a bar and back. I do t care about crime or whatever, but the roads.

Joe4th likes this.
  11. zmtr

Trusted

Do you mean the roads in literal downtown or getting to downtown (I-75) which is a nightmare that won’t end for a few more years

12. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Both. Maybe cause I only go down there a couple times a year, but mainly the one-way roads and paying to park everywhere are the killer. I’m so used to the Macomb County area and am pretty sheltered haha.

13. zmtr

Trusted

I’m downriver in Gibraltar now and traveling to Macomb county is a 2+ hour affair most days.

Oh well.. at least it will be done in 2022?!!! Haha

xapplexpiex likes this.
  14. Joe4th

Oh damn! I’m in the Warren area too. Downtown driving is awful. I hate it.

15. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I grew up in Warren and Clinton Twp and moved back and forth. Where in Warren?

Joe4th likes this.
  16. Joe4th

I grew up in Chesterfield. I just moved to Warren this year, I’m right off of 14 mile and Schoenherr.

17. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

No way. I lived on 13 and Hayes from 6th-12th grade, then 13 and Schoenherr from graduation till just two years ago.

Joe4th likes this.
  18. SEMUSIC

Dearborn reporting in...... I've lived in Michigan for eight years (moved here for a guy.... a guy that was way too old for me) but decided to stay, I've lived in Ferndale, Royal Oak, and Redford, hoping to stay in Dearborn, I really like it here, I'm 30 minutes from everywhere I need to be mostly which is RO, Ferndale, Detroit, Ypsi, Ann Arbor, a little further but Mt. Clemens.

JimmyIymmiJ, Joe4th and xapplexpiex like this.
  19. Joe4th

Yeah I like Warren for that reason, It's nice to be relatively close to everywhere I like to go. I'll probably stay in this area when I look to move next year.

xapplexpiex likes this.