Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Meyerowitz Stories (New and Selected) (Noah Baumbach, 2017) Movie • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by TJ Wells, Aug 23, 2016.

1. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Saw someone on Twitter call this Baumbach’s Summer Hours, which is a very spot on comparison.

2. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

This was so delightful. Definitely a culmination of Sanders and Stillers previous dramatic performances as well

Aregala likes this.
  3. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

I gotta say, Sandler might’ve given the greatest cargo shorts performance of all time in this.

4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

So this is what The Squid and The Whale would be like with likable characters

and between Sandler having a college-aged kid in this and Stiller looking at colleges with his kid in Brad's Status I feel insanely old

Zilla, CarpetElf and Aregala like this.
  5. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

Wow, I loved every minute of that

6. Morrissey

Trusted

It would have been too much of a caustic experience with Hoffman's character for the whole film, but it set up a very real and moving story about the prison of family and how people have their growth stunted by their past.

CarpetElf likes this.
  7. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

this was fantastic, loved it

8. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I feel like I need to put this on my top 10 just because no one else is

9. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

No idea where else to post this but I really need to get my excitement out somewhere: I just watched Mistress America and I am so very in love with it. Only time will tell, but I may like it even more than Frances Ha. The second half was so welcomingly unexpected.

TJ Wells likes this.
  10. atlas

Trusted

Did anyone else think Dustin Hoffman was like the funniest goddamn thing in the world in this

11. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

he's very good