Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Metal Thread Genre • Page 764

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

They are nowhere close to the atrocity that is In Flames.

swboyd likes this.
  2. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

I don't think In Flames is an atrocity? Plus they're friends, they're from the same general area, and they came up around the same time so... I don't think it's that weird a link?

3. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

“The Quiet Place” and “My Sweet Shadow” from In Flames still slap

Penlab likes this.
  4. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

I mean they are both from Sweden but a lot of bands are. Soilworks output is far better than In Flames. Now if we are talking early career In Flames then they win hands down but the last handful of albums…

[​IMG]

5. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I only ever knew Cloud Connected from a Headbangers ball cd but it slapped

6. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

Okay.

EDIT: Directed at Nate.

7. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Those CDs were in constant rotation for years.

Richter915 likes this.
  8. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

9. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Jester Race top 10 album for me

10. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I haven't really kept up with Soilwork in years but their early stuff slaps.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  11. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

I know Bjorn is a well respected vocalist.

12. mr_november

Trusted Supporter

Everything after come clarity is pretty meh but that album and everything before it is solid.

13. Soilwork had a mediocre mid career phase, but they turned it around with The Living Infinite and The Ride Majestic. At this point, I'd even take those two over their early albums. The songwriting is just top notch and each member is at their peak, which is impressive this late into their career.

Deep down I still wish In Flames would get their shit together in a similar way. Maybe they should also completely replace their guitarists to make that happen like Soilwork did lol. I mean, Björn has been phoning in for way too long, and the guitarist that replaced Jesper doesn't seem to have added anything to their stale sound.

14. Well... about the guitarist that replaced Jesper, I just found out both are actually in a new band along with In Flames' former drummer and bassist and Dark Tranquility's singer. The singles pretty much sound like a cross between Clayman and Reroute To Remain, and the debut album comes out in August.

15. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

In Flames' older stuff is better than Soilwork's to me but In Flames went off a fucking cliff in terms of quality after Sounds of a Playground... Soilwork has at least stayed consistent.

Elder Lightning and theagentcoma like this.
  16. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

New Psycroptic

Elder Lightning and Nate_Johnson like this.
  17. swboyd

Misery Index's new album is probably my favorite of theirs since Heirs To Thievery. So, so good.

riotspray likes this.
  18. duffe

I Want To Be There

Full album premiere

19. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

riotspray likes this.
  20. theagentcoma

hot damn this new Nechochwen album kicks ass. FFO Native American themed black metal.

21. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Listening to it now and it rocks. It's catchier and more accessible than I was expecting but still packs a punch. Definitely recommend it to everyone

22. riotspray May 17, 2022
    (Last edited: May 18, 2022)
    riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

saw Thy Art is Murder tonight. CJ's voice was fucked up so he wasn't able to perform, so they let random people from the crowd fill in on vocals. About 4 songs in, some kid gets up there and just KILLS it, and from then on out, basically just became the singer for the rest of their set.

even the dude from After the Burial jokingly said "they better give that kid a feature on their next record"

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  23. Jon

Regular

Dying Fetus, Frozen Soul, and Undeath tomorrow.

24. swboyd

Yeah. This is gonna be on the AOTY list.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  25. theagentcoma

Moon Tooth album is also hella fun for your prog needs