Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Metal Thread Genre • Page 638

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

kinda burnt out on ABR at this point but...

[​IMG]

LEVELER IS TURNING 10 AND WE ARE STOKED! On Friday May 21st we will be releasing a fully re-recorded version of Leveler featuring awesome guest spots from Matt Heafy of Trivium, Misha Mansoor of Periphery, and Ryan Kirby of Fit For a King! We also added ripping guitar solos, alternate tunings and more! Then on May 22nd we will be performing the ENTIRE album w/ an encore of Constellations songs via livestream! Get your tickets and merch bundles now!!

Richter915 and Nate_Johnson like this.
  2. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Been revisiting my favorite 2010s djent albums. Sometimes you just need that groove.

Richter915 likes this.
  3. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Any good doom released lately? It's cool and rainy here today and I could use some, I've been behind on my metal listening as of late.

4. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

[​IMG]

Richter915 and riotspray like this.
  5. swboyd

I'm behind on recent stuff, but I've been really digging last year's album from Bloodsoaked Necrovoid recently...definitely more in the death-doom sphere than more traditional stuff, but it's been really hitting the spot.

6. Elder Lightning

I can get down with some death-doom. I'll check it out.

Plus it's Monday, and after a long, busy weekend of projects around the house I feel a bit like a Bloodsoaked Necrovoid.

7. ghostxvapor

Trusted

8. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

9. -deleted-

-

I’d probably check out a Mudvayne show if it happened near me.

However, it looks like they know EXACTLY where the lump sum of their fans are now lol.

10. swboyd

If they play L.D. 50 in full, I'd probably think about going. Otherwise, at least they're better than Hellyeah.

also chorus dot eff emm homeowners gang unite. spent way too much time this weekend getting stuff planted in our raised beds.

Henry, Richter915, riotspray and 3 others like this.
  11. Weird LiBrary

Regular

Brothers. Spent the weekend maintaining the spring garden and setting up for the summer garden. Also built us a rain collection system which I'm super excited about.

12. swboyd

awesome. we have a duplex style townhome set up with our home and our building mate is an older woman who has an amazing butterfly garden for the space we have and has a rain collection/water barrel system she's told us we can use at any point, but we've been pretty blessed with all the rain so far this year that we haven't needed to utilize it too much (i'm just down the road from you in the 757 if your bio is accurate).

it's our first year doing it, and my wife is taking the lead as it's kind of been her covid passion project, but i'm loving helping out a lot. we've got a nice variety of plants so we're cautiously hoping for mixed results at the very least.

13. ghostxvapor

Trusted

Cameron and Nate_Johnson like this.
  14. swboyd

New Torture Tomb/Kombat split aka catnip for @riotspray

15. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Fuck yeah. Thanks for posting this, because despite following both bands on Twitter, I somehow missed this release.

16. swboyd

I know your feelings on Texas death metal so I just wanted to really make sure. LoL. I guess I'm glad I did.

riotspray and Nate_Johnson like this.
  17. Elder Lightning

I spent this past weekend doing projects around the house to prep it for selling, all while listening to The Armed on repeat.

Rebuilt 2 panels of our fence that blew down in high winds years ago, re-wired some light fixtures and outlets, fixed a hole in the bottom of the cabinet under our kitchen sink, built a tree ring out of landscape blocks, filled nail/screw holes and painted them, caulked a bunch of windows, doors, random cracks/gaps.

18. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Happy 420

swboyd and Nate_Johnson like this.
  19. -deleted-

-

My go to smoke album is was always The Common Man’s Collapse. Okubo was on some other shit then.

Richter915 likes this.
  20. ghostxvapor

Trusted

21. tvck

Trusted

22. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Haha! I'm listening to the new Atreyu...

Richter915 likes this.
  23. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  24. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Okubo was and still is one of the most underrated guitarists in the scene.

Anthony_Soprano likes this.
  25. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

I planted some jalapenos, tomatoes and spinach. And now a storm is hitting so who knows what will survive.

Nate_Johnson and Weird LiBrary like this.