Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Metal Thread Genre • Page 591

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

2. cherrywaves

Trusted

I gotta look and see what other death metal albums Kurt Ballou has produced because that guitar tone is absolutely disgusting

riotspray and Ferrari333SP like this.
  3. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

riotspray and cherrywaves like this.
  4. cherrywaves

Trusted

Oh yeah I keep forgetting to listen to that record. The prerelease tracks were cool

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  5. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

inspectorkemp and riotspray like this.
  6. ghostxvapor

Trusted

theagentcoma and swboyd like this.
  7. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Chorus.fm's favorite music critic

JM95 likes this.
  8. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

why

9. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

I don’t know why people get all bothered by him. Who cares what he or any other reviewer thinks?

10. cherrywaves

Trusted

I think he has dabbled in some alt-right shit in the past, but he may have disowned it/apologized idk

11. ghostxvapor

Trusted

I have no idea who that is

Richter915 likes this.
  12. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

ghostxvapor likes this.
  13. -deleted-

-

It is unfortunate to see someone like him who’s pretty out of touch with the genres he critiques heavily garner such a following. Weird to say but many young people go on YouTube to watch people like him and he’s, well, not good at it lol.

14. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

I disagree. I think he is unique in the way he reviews albums and has a very eclectic taste. With that being said, do I always agree with his reviews? Hell no. Do I think he is losing steam after all these years? Yes, but I think that’s YouTube in general and especially music reviewers.

15. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I just found it amusing that Fuming Mouth was making fun of him

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  16. cherrywaves

Trusted

Video reviews as a whole are kind of silly imo

Richter915 and Nate_Johnson like this.
  17. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

18. swboyd

Dude's a goober, but he's got his niche. I give him a soft 5.

inspectorkemp and Nate_Johnson like this.
  19. -deleted-

-

I’m genuinely asking when I say what makes his way of reviewing unique? Eclectic taste sure but his criticisms, for me, are generally shallow or just not really on base for the ones I watched. Also, calling Fuming Mouth metalcore deserves being made fun of.

20. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

You clearly don't like him so it's time to move on. I never said I adored him or take his word for gospel. I just don't find him as nauseating as others.

21. -deleted-

-

I was genuinely asking if you felt he did something unique. Haven’t watched him in some time now I’d just wish he’d listen to some of his constructive criticisms.

22. JM95

Trusted

If I wasn't dead inside I'd have laughed out loud at that. Metalcore... oof.

theagentcoma likes this.
  23. swboyd

To be fair, I don't think metalcore is a terrible descriptor for them going forward...especially because there are parts of the title track on the new EP that remind me of Darkest Hour with an HM-2 pedal underneath. Gives me real mid-2000s Gothenburg core vibes. I'd have to do a discography run of theirs, but it might be their most melodic track yet and makes a fuck ton of sense in the scope of things with the Nuclear Blast signing.

inspectorkemp and Weird LiBrary like this.
  24. Weird LiBrary

Regular

Was thinking the same. Doesn't seem to be all that off-base to me.

swboyd likes this.
  25. -deleted-

-

Feel like Metalcore gets used way too much but genres don’t seem to have real definitive sounds anymore anyways. If somebody asks what bands I listen to I say mostly “heavy stuff” and it’s so dumb yet seems to be the only way people get it and don’t need to overanalyze.

inspectorkemp and riotspray like this.