Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Metal Thread Genre • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Sophos

Regular

well i shaved last week

2. Richter915 Apr 2, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 2, 2016)
    Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

I was thinking it'd be fun to rank some of the prog/tech/djent metal bands that're tearing it up right now.

Animals as Leaders
    Scale the Summit
    Polyphia
    Intervals
    Plini
    ERRA
    Cloudkicker

Sure there's a bunch in there I'm leaving out.

Joe likes this.
  3. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

All empires fall is fucking dope

4. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

5. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

speaking of ERRA

6. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

7. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Speaking of Plini and Intervals, both bassist and guitarist in Plini, played in Intervals when their set started. Weird

Richter915 likes this.
  8. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Intervals and Scale the Summit are consistently great. I feel like Erra has been getting worse. Same with Northlane. Not a fan of the new vocalists in either of them :/

Richter915 likes this.
  9. CellarGhosts

Trusted Prestigious

Really looking forward to this one. Awesome that Necrolord is doing the artwork again.

Richter915 likes this.
  10. GraveDigger

Trusted Prestigious

Bought the new Amon Amarth because it was $8.99 at Best Buy. Solid stuff. More memorable than their last couple of albums and I can see myself revisiting it a lot more. Don't like it as much as With Oden On Our Side, but that's hard to top.

11. CellarGhosts

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, I like the new Amon Amarth. Every album is pretty much the same but they're fun and consistent so I'm cool with them never really experimenting ha.

Richter915 likes this.
  12. inspectorkemp

a literal succubitch

I dug the new Amon Amarth myself as well. First Kill among others is a fun as hell track.

Also enjoyed the new Black Tusk, which surprised me since the last time I tried to get into Black Tusk they legitimately gave me a headache for some reason, lol.

I'm also rather bummed that the entire website of AP.net has been Death Star'd - just, erased from accessibility (at least as far as I know). I used to dig around in the backlog of ancient threads for recs. This one especially. Ah well, life goes on.

Richter915 likes this.
  13. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Pumped that everyone is liking this new Amon Amarth album. Having never listened to them before, I'm excited to give it a spin.

14. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

I know! I especially feel bad for theagentcoma's 100 metal albums thread. I was planning on reading through all of his reviews eventually because there's so much gold in there (like how some albums may need 3-4 listens before you see how good it is). Hoping he has his blurbs saved elsewhere.

15. CellarGhosts

Trusted Prestigious

Really looking forward to the new Death Angel album out next month. The one track they've released is good shit, and their last album ripped.

16. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

I wish :/

I can recall bits and pieces of each review, but they're lost forever.

17. duffe

I Want To Be There

russian bands are killing it these days

Sophos likes this.
  18. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

that was one of the best releases of last year

19. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

too excited for new Nails I think about it often

Sophos likes this.
  20. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

+1

21. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

I can tell we are all going to get along really well in this thread. Loving all the similar tastes!

22. Sophos

Regular

23. Sophos

Regular

the tombs album is pretty cool. not exactly the direction i saw them heading in. i think savage gold is a near perfect record and the new one isn't what i'd call the best follow up for it. it's still a good record and im going to sit with it more and hope it grows on me. and i think it will.

edit: well i didnt even realize its just an EP so its not really a follow up. interesting. wonder when a full length is c oming? will it be in this vein?

24. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

def video games thread lol

25. canvasofwinter

Horrendous Space Kablooie

Oh, man, I LOVE the new Erra songs. Luminesce and Drift in particular are up there with my favorite stuff they've ever done. I feel like the whole album is going to be a little less metal and a little more post-hardcore, which I get will turn off some, but I think it's a great direction for these guys.

Richter915 likes this.