Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Metal Thread Genre • Page 477

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Yeah, it’s their most ambitious album yet and I think a lot of it was that Andreas was allowed to go nuts.

The album is separated into four parts but it all comes together really well.

2. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Nice. I haven't listened to a full Sepultura album in years, but I'm looking forward to this. Gonna have to catch them on this tour with Sacred Reich and Crowbar.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  3. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Just wait until you hear The Pentagram.

riotspray likes this.
  4. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I've been defending post-Max Sepultura since I saw them play back in 2003. I've seen Soulfly and Cavalera Conspiracy many times since, but Sepultura (without Max) was still the best show of the bunch. I'm excited to hear this record and see them live again now 15 years later. I know the band has always been on point, but Derrick did a hell of a job on vocals back then too, so I'm interested to see where they're at now.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  5. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

The kings are back.

Richter915 and KidLightning like this.
  6. swboyd

7. swboyd

8. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

First album in 18 years due in May. Related to Festerday and Havoc Unit –

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  9. duffe

I Want To Be There

After 2 full lenghts last year, Sadness just put out a new 3 tracks EP

10. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

KidLightning and theagentcoma like this.
  11. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

New Sylosis sounds pretty solid on first listen

12. swboyd

Planning on giving this a listen today. I'm so behind on new metal shit this year. Trying to get caught up on the bands playing United Blood and Maryland Deathfest this year isn't helping either...

riotspray likes this.
  13. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I'm listening to it a second time through right now and I'm pretty into it. I need to dive into their discography. I've only ever heard a song here and there before.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  14. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

I think they are going to pick up a lot of steam because of their connection to Architects. Fantastic band either way.

15. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

what's their connection to Architects?

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  16. swboyd

Their longtime vocalist plays guitar in Architects now.

edit: Their bassist also apparently plays in Conjurer according to Metal Archives. Small world.

17. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

He replaced Tom, whom I am sure you know, died of cancer. I believe he is also a full time member and writer/contributor with the band now.

riotspray likes this.
  18. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I don't really follow Architects; I did know about Tom though.

19. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Hollow Crown was a pretty important album for me at the time. Really don't care for the last 3 architects albums though. They lost anything that made them stand out bar Sam obviously being a good vocalist

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  20. swboyd

Dump of death metal and grindcore stuff I've been working my way through today:

New demo from some old-school grind/powerviolence dudes.

Texas deathgrind featuring members of Cognizant, PLF, BLK OPS, and Kill The Client. I still do not understand for the life of me why so many of the grindcore bands I love come from Texas, but I will never complain about that fact if they keep producing records like this.

I know someone's posted this here before, but this was all I listened to this past weekend. If I had dug into this more deeply earlier, this would have easily been my favorite demo of 2019.

I've been looking forward to a full-length from these guys out of Australia for a while after their rad split with Mellow Harsher. Now I just gotta wait until the end of the month...

Here's an advanced track from their debut full-length on Profound Lore. Rad deathgrind out of Seattle featuring members of Mortiferum, Cerebral Rot, and Magrudergrind.

Richter915 likes this.
  21. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Sylosis – Cycle of Suffering

Conner Marshall from Conjurer is indeed the new bassist and I didn’t know this, but the drummer, Ali, is in Bleed From Within.

riotspray likes this.
  22. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

A2B16391-80CC-45A1-983B-D76E5C3EC815.jpeg

Richter915 likes this.
  23. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Wtf why Auburn and not Seattle lol

24. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I’ve been hooked on these Dean Lamb (Archspire guitarist) videos of him teaching his wife to shred, they’re fairly entertaining and damn, dude’s got one hell of a hot wife.

25. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

i’m now imagining trying to teach my wife how to play guitar. nothing seems worse lmao

Richter915 likes this.