Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Metal Thread Genre • Page 459

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Forget all your other festivals! This is the one we all must attend!

riotspray likes this.
  2. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

[​IMG]

Would be a fun show to go to if there was a date in between Fayetteville and Philly.

riotspray and Nate_Johnson like this.
  3. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Vader, huh? Might be a fun one to see

4. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

“Fayettenam” I worked there for a while. It is one of the worst places in this country. Although, the promoter there is working their asses off to get shows.
    Unearth, Trash Boat, FFAA, Vader...

swboyd likes this.
  5. swboyd

I've got no knowledge of it other than it being a waypoint down 95 when my family used to go down to Florida to visit relatives and go on vacation when I was young and Fort Bragg being there. Props to the promoter for working his butt off to get some quality shows, but it's weird to me that there's a Fayetteville date rather than an Atlanta, DC, Baltimore, Charlotte, Raleigh, Richmond, or any of the other larger metropolitan areas in between Orlando and Philly. That promoter must have paid out the ass to get them to come there on what otherwise seems like an A-market tour. Unless there's a thriving death metal scene there that I'm not aware of.

6. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

I think the scene there is growing. Especially with all the soldiers it’s essentially an endless supply of 20-40 year olds. A very untapped market. It just sucks that it’s Fayetteville.

It’s kind of it’s own planet.

swboyd likes this.
  7. Kate

Trusted

Screenshot_20191204-141529.png

8. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

What's the sort of consensus on them? I always enjoy their stuff when it's on, they seem very consistent. Not Earth shattering or anything but always enjoyable.

9. theagentcoma

Basically this. Solid and consistent but nothing innovative. Litany is their best album and I think all fans of death metal should listen to it at least once, it's pretty good

Richter915 likes this.
  10. theagentcoma

ooh Visigoth announced for Terror Fest, hell yes

Cameron likes this.
  11. swboyd

[​IMG]

pretty solid little black metal package.

12. theagentcoma

Today's Terror Fest announcement is Cloak

riotspray likes this.
  13. swboyd

coleslawed likes this.
  14. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Oh snap another zinger at FFDP fans! Wow! Original!

15. swboyd

I thought it was funny.

[​IMG]

inspectorkemp likes this.
  16. swboyd

Blackened grind featuring one of the dudes from Kayo Dot.

inspectorkemp and KidLightning like this.
  17. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I think someone posted this the other day (probably @swboyd) but I can't remember or find the post.

Anyways, this crushes

swboyd likes this.
  18. cherrywaves

Trusted

Sounds like Southern Lord might be kind of shitty

19. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

I am sure they make more money than all of us, so they must be doing something right.

20. theagentcoma

Uhh so my friend's band is literally the very first band to go on for Terror Fest and they were just sent the list of full bands that they're not allowed to talk about yet. Absolutely a stacked lineup.

Nate_Johnson and riotspray like this.
  21. swboyd

Not that I'm condoning what Southern Lord has probably done here, but I'd be interested to see how other bands on the label that aren't Sunn O))) would characterize their dealings with them. Pelican, for instance, has been on the label for 10 years and never has seemed to have an issue (at least publicly).

It's probably time for them to move on from Southern Lord anyway. If they're going to be on a label, they're probably ready a label the level of a Roadrunner to give them a push to an even higher level.

22. cherrywaves

Trusted

Yeah they seem pretty content w/ Dark Operative but if they go to another label, Roadrunner seems to be a great choice

23. Jon

Regular

Nice! I live in Longview, Washington now so I will probably be able to go this year. I'm cool with getting no spoilers because I am enjoying waking up to a new band everyday. It's an advent calendar of bands in my wheelhouse if you will.

riotspray and theagentcoma like this.
  24. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I know Rings of Saturn isn’t the most popular band in the world but props to Lucas for sticking up for himself and debunking the false claims against his playing.

25. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Another great K! Pit video, great energy from the band and crowd.

riotspray likes this.