Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Metal Thread Genre • Page 450

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

Grindy death thrash out of Texas featuring members of PLF and Blaspherian. Their debut album is coming out on Dark Descent in December.

theagentcoma and riotspray like this.
  2. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Hoping to see them this weekend with three of my favorite local Dallas bands...
    Oath of Cruelty, Cleric, Steel Bearing Hand, Kombat

Richter915 and swboyd like this.
  3. CapnJazzHandz

Regular Supporter

Has anyone been listening to Wilderun's Veil of Imagination? I can't get enough of this album; it's probably my favorite metal album of the year. Kind of like old school Opeth with an orchestra.

Richter915 and theagentcoma like this.
  4. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

I enjoyed it, I'll need to give it another listen

5. swboyd

[​IMG]

I would probably think about going to this if I hadn't already committed to Maryland Deathfest next year. Pretty solid lineup thus far. It's nice to see Kowloon Walled City and Obsequiae making it out east.

6. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

This band is so so talented but I can never finish an album. I think the issue is me in this case lol.

7. CapnJazzHandz

Regular Supporter

Haha. I’m the exact opposite; once I start listening, I can’t stop. Their compositions are just so beautiful. I really like what they did with the piano in this release.

Richter915 likes this.
  8. theagentcoma

I should clarify what I said about Lingua Ignota being ranked #2 on the Decibel list. It's a great album. Intense, visceral, haunting, raw. It has more emotion in one hour than some bands achieve in their entire discography. She's classically trained and it shows, and I support the message she is trying to spread as a survivor of abuse. I also don't doubt that her live show has to be one of the most intense performances ever. She apparently hits herself to the point of getting bruises and describes each show as an "exorcism."

I just don't see how a darkwave/noise/experimental album gets the #2 spot on a metal list. There are harsh vocals throughout but a metal album that does not make.

Anyways it's not for me. I've listened to it twice. The harsh vocals are grating to me but her voice is nice other than that.

9. CellarGhosts

Trusted Prestigious

I appreciate what Lingua Ignota's doing but I can't get into that album at all. Which is weird because usually I'm all over metal-that-isn't-metal but that's on me I guess. Blood Incantation being #1 is a pretty predictable move too. There's another case of "I appreciate what they're doing, but I can't get into it at all".

Really I feel like Decibel's year-end lists have been kinda meh the past couple years or so, there tend to be some pretty glaring omissions.

theagentcoma likes this.
  10. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

11. swboyd

coleslawed and inspectorkemp like this.
  12. Nate_Johnson Nov 14, 2019
    (Last edited: Nov 14, 2019)
    Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

13. inspectorkemp

a literal succubitch

Good lord. That's the type of shit people think is funny when they're 15. I normally loathe to use this word, but straight up, that is some serious cringe.

swboyd and Richter915 like this.
  14. swboyd

thall, i believe is what the kids say.

15. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I've never seen Tool before and always wanted to, but have 90% lost interest between Maynard's controversy and not really liking Fear Incoulum at all, but I still decided to look and see what tickets were available and for how much... there are 3000+ people ahead of me in the ticketmaster queue though. Oh well, happy to save the money.

theagentcoma and Nate_Johnson like this.
  16. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Even after waiting 24 minutes, there are still 1200 people ahead of me. Why/how does Tool STILL have such high demand for their concert tickets? For the last 20 years I've never been able to get tickets to their shows despite being there right when they went on sale. I'm sure the visuals are cool or whatever but there are soooooo many other bands that are better live performers. Hell, Maynard hides when he performs.

17. theagentcoma

It's just a mystique thing I think. Also people people are probably hyped about seeing new songs for the first time in thirteen years. And their live shows are pretty unique visually speaking, or at least it was when I saw them in 2007.

That being said, fuck Maynard.

18. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

On another note, I saw Cloak, Uada and (little bit of) 1349 last night.

Uada was fantastic. Cloak was pretty good too. 1349, not my thing.

19. swboyd, theagentcoma and riotspray like this.
  20. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I’ve been listening to a ton of Isis this week, forgot how good they were

21. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Aaron Turner released a solo album this week!

waking season likes this.
  22. theagentcoma

One of my favorite bedtime bands

waking season likes this.
  23. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

It’s been a minute since I put on Oceanic

24. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

What’s a good Kayo Dot album to start with?

Richter915 and Nate_Johnson like this.
  25. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Lol, you ALWAYS ask this. Just start from the beginning!

Richter915 likes this.