Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Metal Thread Genre • Page 429

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, they're fine. I don't love them or hate them, it's just that they sold out a venue that Architects and other bigger (in my eyes) bands didn't sell out. I just underestimated their popularity, I guess.

Nate_Johnson and swboyd like this.
  2. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

Yeah. To be fair, I had no idea they were apparently as popular as they actually are. That's probably what happens when you rely on here, Axe To Grind, and deep dives of Blogspots and Bandcamp tags as your primary sources of new music recs.

3. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Yeah, I don’t think the metal thread on Chorus is the best source for opinions and new music updates. No offense of course and I love when people post things in here. I’m open to just about anything.

riotspray likes this.
  4. swboyd

I'm content with the opinions, recs, and commentary I get from here most of the time to be honest. I like this little niche of the internet for metal. :shrug:

As an aside, the new maxi-single from Undergang is NASTY:

riotspray and Nate_Johnson like this.
  5. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

My body is ready.

6. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Oh I love the community on here but I don’t use it as my “holy bible” and try to use multiple outlets.

7. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

This thread does a pretty good job of helping me keep up with new releases.

8. Horrorca

Trusted

it also has 0 NS nutjobs as opposed to other boards v__v

9. inspectorkemp

a literal succubitch

If there was even a single NSBM chud on here I think I would leave so I'm glad we don't have that issue.

Because even beyond the reprehensible beliefs, most NSBM is comically bad. I listened to an Absurd song once to hear what the hubbub was all about and within the first minute of the song I started laughing. I'm actually not joking.

KidLightning likes this.
  10. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

One day I'll tell you all the tale of how Nerdy saved my life.

11. JM95

Trusted

Really excited about this album.

KidLightning likes this.
  12. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

13. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

riotspray likes this.
  14. swboyd

Nate_Johnson and riotspray like this.
  15. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Yup. Pretty stoked for that Venom Prison/Homewrecker/Great American Ghost show. Love all 3 bands.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  16. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

I'm skipping out on the Skeletal Remains/Voivod/Conjurer/Revocation show next week to save $$ for other shows

17. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Conjurer should not be missed if you can help it. It sucks because here, that show is the same night as Despised Icon/Devourment/Kublai Klan AND Immolaton/Blood Incantation AND Gouge Away/Jerome's Dream AND Kill Tony podcast.

I'm torn, but I'll likely go see Conjurer at least and then maybe dip out early to catch Devourment and Despised Icon across the street.

swboyd and Nate_Johnson like this.
  18. mugi stan

jinjer gets a ridiculous amount of play on liquid metal. they’re not my cup of tea but they’re for sure on the rise right now

19. Saw Iron Maiden for the first time on Sat. So much fun.

theagentcoma likes this.
  20. swboyd

You can't hate a band called Antichrist Siege Machine.

cherrywaves likes this.
  21. swboyd

Going to see Soulfly and Unearth tonight because tickets were essentially free thanks to a fan appreciation promotion. I guess I might as well crank one more concert out before my wife and I welcome a bundle of joy into the world.

22. swboyd

Ain't nothing like seeing a five band package in a less than quarter full 1500 cap venue on a Monday.

coleslawed likes this.
  23. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

That’s a bummer

24. swboyd

This package shouldn't have been booked at this big of a venue in the first place but I can't argue with shows that actually work for my schedule at this point.

25. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

I would love to, but I'm just trying to limit myself to one big show a month for now since I'm trying to save money for real adult stuff lol. Revocation is probably the one I'm most into on that bill and I've already seen them. At the Gates is playing the next night and I'm missing them too (but I've also seen them).

I've got Blood Incantation/Immolation next month for my next big one. Can't wait for that one!

DarkHotline, riotspray and swboyd like this.