Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Metal Thread Genre • Page 422

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. ghostxvapor

Trusted

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  2. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Making fun of the crazy font bands like those use, hahahaha

3. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Judiciary is super underrated. Lineup looks fun top to bottom.

4. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Those are all pretty legible to me compared to a lot of other logos lol

5. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

Those logos are legible compared to most death metal bands.

Exhibit A:

[​IMG]

6. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

I scoff at your bands
    [​IMG] Intracerebrally Consuming Cephalalgia Through The Cranium Macerating Debrisfucked Manure Ingested Remains Of The Mindfucked Cataplexic Wicked Mankind Whom Fistfucked The Progenies From The Deepest Depths Of The Analmaggot Raped Human Pieces Of Erotic Shitmasses Which Gave Birth To Worthless Eunuchs As Travesty For Cumstained Whorefaced Sluts Enslaved By This Stupid Society Full Of Fetal Garbages

7. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Obligatory party cannon
    [​IMG]

8. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I want that artwork on a shirt

9. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

10. DarkHotline

[IMG]

11. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Cameron likes this.
  12. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

According to this interview, Slipknot toured with Metallica back in 2004, and......Lostprophets opened......

13. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Forgot that beneath the massacre are back

mail.jpeg

14. currytheword

Trusted

Okay, if i'm gonna be told not to drag shitty Tim Lambesis and to be quiet about it, then we can all agree not posting AILD music/performances is also respectfully gonna be a thing too no?

15. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

At this point, I'm generally in favor of people posting whatever they want in here regarding music/performances as long as it pertains to metal or metal adjacent stuff. That being said - if someone posts something from Tim Lambesis, Maynard James Keenan, or someone else who'd be called out in the Accountability thread, I'm also in favor the community providing feedback as such. So essentially post at your own risk.

And fuck Tim Lambesis.

16. DarkHotline

I agree. I mean, metal as a genre is full of shitty people and shitty topics, it comes with the territory and I think we can all agree with that. However, people like Tim don’t deserve a platform to promote his music and posting stuff like that video in here is in my opinion giving him that platform. That’s not saying that I’m telling you to not listen to his music because that’s ultimately your private decision. Let’s just leave people like Tim outta here, we don’t need to discuss his music and there’s plenty of other artists we can talk about that didn’t try to have their ex-wives killed.

17. cherrywaves

Trusted

Guess I gotta listen to Exhumed, that tour is a banger

riotspray and Richter915 like this.
  18. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Ya, pretty much this.

Like I avoid going to metal shows being a person of color...like if shit goes awry I feel like I could be quickly targeted, plus metal attracts Nazis. That said, I don't discourage discussion about racism in metal. I don't want to have this false sense of safety that this community is open and accepting. We should know that our brand of music attracts some of the most vile people, most recently mass murderers. To not keep an eye on and discuss these people is just us trying to feel better about our community when we really shouldn't.

Could do without posting their music, but to completely ignore their existence and acceptance (aild just got signed to a major label!) by our community is dangerous.

19. DarkHotline

That’s totally valid and a good point I didn’t really think about. I just don’t want to see their shit posted in here, ditto music from other abusers.

20. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

For some reason exhumed is the band I've listen to the least...theyre legends and the stuff for their upcoming album sounds amazing.

riotspray likes this.
  21. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Something about how disappointing mankind is pulls you to Shai hulud

22. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

New Alcest song coming tomorrow!

23. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

24. Jon

Regular

Just moved to WA. Its a shame Tonic Lounge in Portland is closing just as I move here. But Im hitting a up a drag show tonight for my gay self and then go see Bell Witch and Nightfell later this month for my metal self. Digging the diversity.
    What are the best metal venues in the Portland area? I know Immolation and Blood Incantation are playing at some venue called Dantes.

25. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Loved that Corey Taylor interview. Guy just seems so cool

Nate_Johnson likes this.