Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Metal Thread Genre • Page 420

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I'm not really faulting the lyrics; more down to the guitars, drums, tempos, tones, etc. Opener "Unleashed" and closer "Bite the Hand That Feeds" are probably the only ones I'll come back to

2. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

I’m speaking of his having to have surgery. The band could have scrapped the record on his behalf but they didn’t. Is it their best? No but it’s certainly not their worst. They are a very consistent band and like I said, they do what they do well.

3. Omg new Cloudkicker

4. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

This curse these metal hands release is very good. It’s like if early baroness had some post metal injected into it.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  5. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

i total read that collaboration album as plini + conjurer. not pijn + conjurer. i'm an idiot. carry on.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  6. Elder Lightning Aug 16, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 17, 2019)
    Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

New Anticosm album dropped today:

Thrashy tech-death with some black metal and prog elements.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  7. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Some blackened thrash/speed for y’all

riotspray and theagentcoma like this.
  8. Horrorca

Trusted

hell yeah! not a popular opinion but I actually really like Woum! will listen

Joe likes this.
  9. Horrorca

Trusted

Meta is indeed incredible! topped that year’s Meshuggah album for me & that is saying something

LightWithoutHeat likes this.
  10. Horrorca

Trusted

try the previous one - I think it is way better

11. Horrorca

Trusted

or maybe both bands are influenced by Bentham ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

anyway, very different sound IMO

*sorry for the multiple posts!

Richter915 likes this.
  12. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

AUGUST BURNS RED Vocalist Explains Why He Supports AS I LAY DYING

"I think that As I Lay Dying's story is a really beautiful one of redemption and forgiveness. It's one that I don't think a lot of people may think that forgiveness goes that far, or redemption is able at that point or forgiveness that we can really do that."

Guess that hit the line for me, I'll still listen to their old shit because I'm the worst but that's all. I get the whole "Jesus means forgiveness" shit but I'm pretty sure Jesus would be like "WTF? no thx" to putting a hit on your wife.

(also the AILD single is a banger and I hate myself...and Nuclear Blast signed them? idiots)

13. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Look who joined Artisan Era

14. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Jake supporting Tim so much has made me never want to listen to ABR again

Just can't get behind a guy that thinks it's okay to do whatever you want as long as you pray to Jesus and say you're sorry a couple of times

Richter915 likes this.
  15. currytheword

Trusted

Regarding a criminal case in which a man tried to have his wife killed, was convicted with no legal standpoint of temporary insanity/mental illness, and the excuse that "I was on roids and felt insecure," using the words beautiful or redemption is so fucking mind-numbingly in bad taste I can't even wrap my head around it. Fuck both these bands.

Jake W likes this.
  16. Nate_Johnson Aug 18, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 18, 2019)
    Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

I think it is touching that people want to comfort him and come to his side but at the same time it doesn't excuse him. I am ok with never hearing about him ever again, especially in this thread.

Also, if Jake wants to be one of those people, so be it, but that isn't representative of the entirety of ABR so I will not be "cancelling" the band anytime soon. The band is still solid in my opinion.

17. DarkHotline

I’m honestly over talking about AILD in general. Tim sucks, the band sucks for crawling back to him, and the enablers of Tim and the band suck. At this point, I really don’t know what else there is to say about them that hasn’t been said, it just feels like people are beating on a dead horse about it. Leave that shit in the past, with dyed black hair and stud belts.

Borat 2: Vengeance likes this.
  18. currytheword

Trusted

It's certainly something to talk about that many peers in the music scene are trying to give him the pass he's been campaigning himself for. Speaking out against Tim making this comeback means speaking out against anyone else in the future from this music scene being criminal scum and trying to capitalize monetarily on your actions after conviction and jail time. ABR is a huge fucking band. Their vocalist has a lot of influence on a younger generation, i'd say even more than AILD. Him saying that shit convinces the naive that you can be a piece of shit and still be a rockstar/make money from fans. Not okay in my book.

19. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Agreed. Let’s move along.

20. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

I don’t think a tiny metal thread with maybe 10 people in it is going to solve this problem. We can do our part by not talking about him. Leave the drama to social media and the websites that focus on Metal, etc.

21. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

I'm sorry you guys are right panopticon was a slip...I meant Agalloch (lol).

Though this gave me reason to go back and spin some panopticon. Someone earlier was asking for good black metal...Panopticon. Love the atmosphere.

theagentcoma and Nate_Johnson like this.
  22. DarkHotline

It’s been talked in here many times though and that’s my problem with it. I do understand what you’re saying about Jake however and I agree with you, that’s pretty shitty of him and it’s not a good look with him defending Tim in a public sense.

currytheword likes this.
  23. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

The thread is on page 420. Everyone listen to Sleep.

24. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Page 234 for me!

KidLightning and theagentcoma like this.
  25. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I must have my settings set to display half as many posts per page as you or something???