Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Metal Thread Genre • Page 409

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Like Art is a good drummer but it’s hard to replace such a crucial part of your sound.

riotspray likes this.
  2. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I guess Adler may never play again so it sucks all around.

3. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

All hail Tomb Mold

theagentcoma and swboyd like this.
  4. DarkHotline

He’s going on tour in Europe with another band so who knows what’s going on.

5. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I guess I missed the last part of that article. Crazy.

6. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Yoooo. Portrayal of Guilt just announced they're playing a house show here in a couple weeks. Holy shit.

coleslawed and Nate_Johnson like this.
  7. inspectorkemp

a literal succubitch

For what it's worth, I'd just like to throw out that it's always entirely possible that many bands that end up performing on the same stage as AILD may not have a choice. We don't know exactly how much sway the labels hold over the bands and how much they can force performances and such but I would not be the least bit surprised if labels were demanding bands tour with AILD because the controversy generates advertisement and therefore more revenue.

Kind of like how it is with black metal. If you were to cancel every BM band that performed alongside a sketchy band on a tour or festival set, you'd have to bin the entire genre as a whole.

Just my two cents. I sure as shit won't be supporting AILD but I'll give bands the benefit of the doubt unless they directly speak out in support of Tim.

8. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Preaching to the choir.

9. DarkHotline

Cult of Luna’s Vertikal is so damn good

phaynes12 likes this.
  10. andysoto523

Regular

Tbh I really don't think any band that has toured with AILD since they reformed so far were forced to go on tour with them. Currents, Phinehas, Frost Koffin, Bleed From Within, Within The Ruins, and Kingdom of Giants were all probably more than happy to go on tour with them especially since I'm sure AILD influenced all of them a ton and it was by far the biggest tour any of those bands had ever been on.

Bands like After The Burial and Emmure don't have as much to gain by going on tour with AILD (since they have larger fanbases than the others) but I'm sure they didn't have any problem agreeing to doing the tour.

11. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

There are a lot of assumptions going on here.

12. Jon

Regular

When I listed the bands who toured with AILD it was more for the benefit of my friend who is sensitive about the issue, and I will respect him for not wanting to listen to those bands. None of these bands effect me because I listen to barely any metalcore, and don't listen to these bands. But I listed those bands for people (like my friend) who may be sensitive about the issue, and whether bands chose to or not, feel more comfortable not listening to the bands that associate with Tim. I respect anyones decision on what they want to listen to.

coleslawed and andysoto523 like this.
  13. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Not really “Metal” but my god is Yvette Young of Covet a site to see that might trump Tobin. Seeing them tonight with Vasudeva and Holy Fawn. Holy crap what a night!

swboyd likes this.
  14. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

New Slipknot song is REALLY good.

currytheword likes this.
  15. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

goddamn, that's a tour.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  16. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

@swboyd you will find this funny:

riotspray, theagentcoma and swboyd like this.
  17. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

high on fire and power trip hitting the road his winter

riotspray and theagentcoma like this.
  18. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Song RIPS

currytheword and Richter915 like this.
  19. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

let's hope high on fire doesn't cancel this time.

20. cherrywaves

Trusted

No MA date for the High on Fire/Power Trip tour. C’est la vie. Make sure to show up early for Creeping Death.

riotspray likes this.
  21. DarkHotline

Pretty bummed HoF isn’t coming to the STL area on that tour after they cancelled their date in January due to Mike’s health

22. LightWithoutHeat Jul 22, 2019
    (Last edited: Jul 22, 2019)
    LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

This Torche record is so great.

Just a straight up lovely song.

23. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

THE NEW TORCHE ALBUM CAME OUT, AND THIS THREAD DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING TIL TODAY!?

Smh

Bout to blast that later

Richter915 and LightWithoutHeat like this.
  24. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Was about to say the same thing. Here's their new track. Album out Sept 27th. I can't wait.

cherrywaves likes this.
  25. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

But seriously, the new Slipknot song rips

ZooZooChaCha likes this.