Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Metal Thread Genre • Page 406

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Excited for this house show tomorrow.

2. TriangularDuck

Regular Supporter

Can't say I'm really too into this, it feels like a regression from Gloria, which was an absolute ripper of an album. I know most people preferred the BTTOS sound though, so good for them.

New Opeth is actually surprisingly good. For sure one of their best post-Watershed songs.

Micah511 likes this.
  3. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

The new Opeth single isn't bad, but it still makes me miss their pre-Watershed days.

4. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Love the new Opeth song, and I've been firmly in the camp of "Opeth hasn't been good since Watershed".

5. swboyd

Getting some sweet Nails and Dismember vibes from this. Me gusta.

6. swboyd

Speaking of False metal, this is some good stuff.

coleslawed and KidLightning like this.
  7. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

8. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

New Gatecreeper single fucking slaps

riotspray and Richter915 like this.
  9. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

DarkHotline likes this.
  10. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

I don't even have to look this up to know this is a Lewandowski cover

swboyd likes this.
  11. SoundscapeMN

Regular

what is your take on ALEA from 2016? I think it may be the best thing the band ever did.

This new single I guess I'm luke warm about, but still am looking forward to the record.

thanks for note on Opeth. Watershed is really the last album I enjoyed from them. Without the mix of clean and growls, Opeth just doesn't go as far for me (even with Damnation, although I enjoy that more than any of the post-Watershed albums still).

12. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

Elder came out with a new Ep today called The Gold and Silver Sessions. It’s pretty good little tease from them. A lot more jazzy and psychedelic than the last release.

13. Richter915 and riotspray like this.
  14. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I was waiting for someone else to pick up on it. Completely knocked me on my ass out of nowhere.

Richter915 likes this.
  15. Never heard of them, but this is like my favorite thing all of a sudden haha.

riotspray likes this.
  16. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah dude. Same here. Just stumbled across it by accident and was hooked immediately.

Joe and Richter915 like this.
  17. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Elder is dope. I’ll check out the new ep

18. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Such an angry song

19. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

That Elder EP is excellent.

Richter915, nl5011 and Nate_Johnson like this.
  20. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Unanswered sounds insane live.

21. currytheword

Trusted

I guess they're more metal than hardcore, and the hardcore community has zero interest in them, but TGI's comeback show was quite packed and they played like a 20 song setlist complete with flamethrowers and spark waterfalls.

riotspray and Nate_Johnson like this.
  22. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Is anyone going to summer slaughter? Lineup looks pretty good.

23. currytheword

Trusted

Cattle D was never really my thing, and i've seen the other bands already that i'd be interested in seeing. All except for Nekrogoblikon which I became a fan of after the warped interviews on RIGHT NOW.

inspectorkemp likes this.
  24. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

I think it speaks volumes the band came back. I mean the drummer lost his leg! The set up his dad made for him is awesome.

currytheword likes this.
  25. currytheword

Trusted

Andrew is the primary reason I ever checked out TGI. Him leaving FTFD to be in TGI was what alerted me of their existence. Returners is the only album I ever really got into from them, but Andrew is a beast of a drummer and the fact that he is still able to play as he does is beyond remarkable. They sound good from the videos.