Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Metal Thread Genre • Page 402

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Listened to the baroness album...I don't think production was as much of an issue as the poor songwriting.

2. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Okkkkay

Richter915 and theagentcoma like this.
  3. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Can’t imagine listening to a song like Throw Me an Anchor or Pale Sun, and thinking it’s bad songwriting

4. socklord

Trusted

Yeah the album has a ton of great songs and there's a ton of variation and stylistic shifts throughout. Some of the interludes are whatever, but some of them are really nice additions. As for fully formed songs, the only one that still flies over me is Emmet: Radiating Light. Other than that, I love pretty much every song on the album.

Cameron likes this.
  5. Horrorca Jun 30, 2019
    (Last edited: Jun 30, 2019)
    Horrorca

Trusted

I could never get into Baroness...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

edit: the Alphonse Mucha-inspired covers are cool tho

Richter915, theagentcoma and Jake W like this.
  6. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

I still don't know how people can listen to that new Baroness album. I've listened to it in the car, on my computer, in both sets of my headphones, and over the sound system at work to see if there's any possible difference. There's not. It's just bad. You can hear the digital clipping and the low dynamic range makes everything muddy and distorted. It's like they pushed every knob on the board to the absolute limit.

The fact that it was deliberately mixed that way and not due to incompetence is even worse. It was an intentional artistic decision, and it was a poor one.

Richter915 and Nate_Johnson like this.
  7. currytheword

Trusted

I haven't listened to it cause the band's sound isn't my thing but the artwork is real good. Prob the best part.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  8. theagentcoma

really the only consistently great part about the band. I love his art for Darkest Hour's Deliver Us:

[​IMG]

9. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Ithaca were so good tonight they're the best metalcore band rn

10. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Look at the stage setup Rammstein has going right now - MASSIVE

11. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

New shit from ex-Discordance Axis dudes.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  12. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

fine to disagree. I like them a lot I expect better song writing.

theagentcoma likes this.
  13. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Richter915 likes this.
  14. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

I agree. I get why they went with him because they really aren’t a metal/hard rock/whatever you want to call them band anymore and are more of an alt rock band now. But in that respect, it makes it even worse because it should sound good. You should not need a $1000 pair of “studio” headphones for it to sound amazing.

theagentcoma and Richter915 like this.
  15. Horrorca

Trusted

now I kinda wanna listen to it just because of all the shade the production is getting haha

no such thing as bad publicity, & c.

theagentcoma and Richter915 like this.
  16. Horrorca

Trusted

me likes! so is this like Gridlink pt. 2?

Richter915 likes this.
  17. socklord

Trusted

I have a pair of $150-$200 studio headphones and it sounds great to me, so there’s no need for the over-exaggeration. Y’all just need to let it go. Everyone in the thread already knows you and others don’t like the album/production. If it’s not for you then just move on already.

Cameron likes this.
  18. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Hey, we are all trying to have some simple discourse and there is nothing wrong with that!
    ;-)

19. socklord

Trusted

It’s the same people coming in here saying the same exact stuff again. Also, trying to troll me with what I was said a few days ago isn’t a good look. Like I said, just move on.

20. swboyd

riotspray and Nate_Johnson like this.
  21. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Oh yeah! I spit out my water when I played the second song. Thanks for that! Haha!

riotspray, currytheword and swboyd like this.
  22. swboyd

sorta. jon's the only dude from gridlink in them. the band also has rob (guitars from discordance axis) and a dude named kyosuke who used to be in a japanese black metal band called cohol, according to metal archives.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  23. swboyd

you're welcome. it's a throwback to a simpler time where everything baroness was peace, love, and sludge.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  24. theagentcoma

Have you ever been on a forum before? I'm not gonna tell you to "move on" because I disagree with you. Nate is just expressing his opinion, no need to tell us to "let it go."

ding ding ding. If someone likes the album, cool. If someone does not, cool. Either way, people are free to discuss it however they want.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  25. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

inspectorkemp and theagentcoma like this.