Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Metal Thread Genre • Page 389

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

2. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

3. Jon

Regular

Ruins has a near perfect discography good choice.

4. Horrorca

Trusted

theagentcoma likes this.
  5. Horrorca

Trusted

cool cool

Katatonia it is then

will report back in a couple of weeks lol

6. Jbent

Trusted

Anything good coming out tomorow besides Serpent of Gnosis?

7. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

^ Baroness

Nate_Johnson and Jbent like this.
  8. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

9. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

In addition to all of the aforementioned:

Pinkish Black, Hate, Ingested, and Ripped to Shreds.

riotspray, Jbent and KidLightning like this.
  10. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

riotspray and Jbent like this.
  11. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Never listened to an album of theirs, solid choice

NUCLEUS

Jbent and KidLightning like this.
  12. Jon

Regular

While I have my own personal ranking for Death, I would love to see someone who isnt completely familiar with their line of work tackle their discography and rank them! Or if someone wants to tackle classic black metal Bathory would be a cool one to see or maybe Rotting Christ. And Coroner for Thrash.

I'm about to drive out of town for some errands so I'm going to start my Blut Aus Nord deep dive soon. I love all their stuff I have heard (The Work Which Transforms God is one of my favorite albums of all time) but it will be fun to become fully immersed and rank them.

13. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I wish we could get a list like this going every week with what albums were coming out. How do you all keep up with it?

14. Horrorca

Trusted

RYM & Spotify Radar help

riotspray likes this.
  15. Horrorca

Trusted

I would love to do Bathory after Katatonia

16. Jon

Regular

Invisible oranges, heavy blog is heavy, bandcamp, rateyourmusic, some random black metal blogspots, toiletovhell, nwn forums

riotspray likes this.
  17. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

I would definitely be interested in running through Rotting Christ’s discography. I loved the one from this year and any band that pokes fun or gives the middle finger to religion I’m in!

theagentcoma and Jon like this.
  18. Jon

Regular

Honestly their newest one is my least favorite and their early work is Hellenic Black Metal purity, also their mid era kicks ass too, so you'd be in for a treat! I might join you after Blut Aus Nord.

Also if you want black metal with a blasphemous name check out Impaled Nazarene

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  19. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

I think Heaven Shall Burn is my favorite anti-religious band name but that one is up there. That actually reminds me about Suicide Silence: Mitch was very open about his religion or lack their of in his lyrics and it was a common theme on a some of the songs.

riotspray likes this.
  20. inspectorkemp

a literal succubitch

Alright, I'll bite. Hit me with a band and I'll do it unless I'm already well-versed with their material.

Also, I challenge any of you to do Nekrogoblikon. My favorite band has gone through a lot of change over the years and they have a nice bite-sized discography with four albums and one EP.

21. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

I could do that one and then I will do Rotting Christ!

riotspray likes this.
  22. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

wait is the challenge to do it with a band you’ve never listened to or just generally go through someone’s discography

23. Jon

Regular

Usually a band that you are only somewhat familiar with, or a complete unknown band.
    Im doing Blut Aus Nord because I am very familiar and love 5 of their albums, but have only touched their other albums a couple times or not at all. Its up to you.

24. Jon

Regular

Give me a genre and Ill give you a few bands to choose from

25. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

As @Jon said, no rules. It's cool we are so tight in this group and can do this. Most other threads would shun us! Haha!!!

riotspray likes this.