Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Metal Thread Genre • Page 386

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

This is fucking sick. It's kind of like Black Tongue's last album - only vaguely deathcore anymore, just dark, brutal downtuned shit.

2. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

Iowa is still an album that I struggle to listen to all the way through at once. Just the sheer hatefulness and malice that comes through those songs when engaged with in one go is so overwhelming. And I agree - there aren't many other albums in any area of metal or otherwise that come close to it in that regard.

inspectorkemp and Richter915 like this.
  3. Jon

Regular

Unpopular opinion but this is the blackened death metal band that should of blown up instead of Behemoth (not shit talking Behemoth though), this album to this day is still just so menacing and stands the test of time in my opinion. Complete satanic revelry.

4. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

That's not an unpopular opinion to me at all because Nergal is a POS...that's and Behemoth has just been okay for the last 10-15 years.

inspectorkemp likes this.
  5. Jon

Regular

Yeah and ignoring the fact that Nergal is... Nergal. Akercocke just always seemed to write songs that appealed to me significantly more than Behemoth's Blackened Death ever did. Akercocke's songwriting just hits home more.

6. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

7. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Behemoth was entertaining live, cool costumes on props

other than that meh

8. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Live Behemoth is the shit

9. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

It always fascinated me that Nergal is a legit celebrity in Poland

10. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

I love Behemoth but daaaaamn Ackercocke are something else man. They've always hit this sweet spot between the best of Behemoth and the best of Opeth for me and that's legit.

11. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

So fucking weird, but I actually love that he hosts/hosted (unsure of the current status) the Polish version of The Voice. I would actually fucling love it if someone from Psycroptic or Blood Duster hosted the Aussie Voice just for the sheer lolz of it, instead of the Madden twins.

(No disrespect to them and Good Charlotte though, they will always have a place in my heart.)

12. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

So I’ve made it to The Black Crown on my Suicide Silence journey. I would say it’s the weakest so far only because the first two albums are just BRUTAL. It also feels like it stays on the Nu Metal side and that is further solidified by the Jonathan Davis cameo on Witness the Addiction. I’m not saying it’s “bad” but it feels like a stripped down version of themselves.

currytheword likes this.
  13. swboyd

14. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I never got into Suicide Silence at all. I should probably give them a listen. I know the "Pull the Trigger bitch" song but that's it.

Deathcore wasn't huge for me outside of a handful of bands but I did (and still do) fuck pretty heavily with Whitechapel and All Shall Perish.

15. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

I thought that for a long time until the self-titled came out and I made a vow to pretend it doesn't exist as much as humanly possible. I used to hate the nu metal elements but looking back they actually were done pretty damn well on that album, and it baffles me how they didn't just take what they'd already done with the nu metal influences and expand on that when the self-titled was made.

Also, I must say that "Witness The Addiction" is my favourite song on The Black Crown, and the J Davis cameo is one of my favourite guest spots in metal. He's the perfect fir for the song and I think it works so damn well with the vibe of the album.

I honestly kind of see that album as their equivalent of Earth Crisis's Slither; a weird left turn in many ways, but a welcome one and with some of their best tracks.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  16. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

I’m definitely interested in Hernan’s first album in the band, You Can’t Stop Me, as I’ve heard good things but I know the self titled is heralded as their worst and just a bad album altogether.

17. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

The Cleansing and No Time to Bleed are very good for the genre.

riotspray likes this.
  18. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I'd forgotten but I actually did listen to both of the Hernan albums when they were released (remember I said I like ASP) but the first one didn't immediately stick with me, and a million other albums have come out since then, so I probably never returned to it. And like you said, the self-titled album was.......

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  19. swboyd

That's great and all, but it still rubs me the wrong way that he never really got held accountable for this incident and his wack views on women and relationships:

Let’s Remember When Nergal Watched A Sexual Assault

Not that there's a lot more other than hearsay and the ramblings of a perverse asshole.

inspectorkemp likes this.
  20. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

seeing Sleep/Big Business tonight and Gojira/Deafheaven tomorrow. hell yeah.

21. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

That a nice double header. Enjoy.

I'm seeing Belphegor, Dark Funeral, Incantation, Hate, Vale of Pnath and Nightmarer tonight. Aware of, but not super familiar with these bands, but Hate and Vale of Pnath are cool and I got a $5 ticket.

phaynes12 and Jbent like this.
  22. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

Oh man, the first one with Hermida is fucking solid, to be fair. In fact (controversial opinion) I think Hermida smokes Mitch in terms of pure vocal ability alone - he doesn't have Mitch's presence and vibe, however. But compared to the first three, it's just lacking a bit in some aspects and doesn't quite measure up to its predecessors.

The self-titled is atrociously bad and I suggest you approach at your own risk. It's a really bad pastiche of Korn and Deftones woth some deathcore moments thrown in - all on all, a really shit release.

23. Jon

Regular

I honestly had no idea about those allegations, thats gross. I don't know too much about them because I rarely actively check out their music, I think I have only listened to a few of their albums, and the rest just scattered songs, because I was always more of an Akercocke fanboy, and Behemoth musically, besides a couple standout songs, has always been the definition of.... meh.

24. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

I was watching one of my favorite Youtubers, the PunkRockMBA, and someone asked him if he would do a video on certain bands that are sort of “commercializing” underground metal. Bands like Deafheaven, Code Orange, Power Trip and Converge. What does everyone think of this idea?

25. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Okay, so I'm an idiot. Of course I know Incantation. Just saw them 8 months ago. I was just thinking Blood Incantation and then thinking "it's not them, so..."

Vale of Pnath were sick. Really dug their set.

Nate_Johnson and Jbent like this.