Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Metal Thread Genre • Page 385

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

Also, trawling through Metal Archives, I found this. It's good atmospheric BM fun.

2. socklord

Trusted

Tbh I haven’t listened to Enter yet. Guidance and Station are my favorites though. I highly recommend them

Cameron likes this.
  3. Mo Bounce

Mo bounce, bounce, bounce, bounce

Sorry for you, bud. He surely had a Hell of a voice.
    I didn't know, some people told me today Iron Maiden considered him to replace Bruce in the mid 90's. Don't know if that's true, but I don't like Blaze very much, so I think Andre would have been better.

4. Cameron Jun 8, 2019
    (Last edited: Jun 9, 2019)
    Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I listened to Station earlier , and was really vibing with it. Way more melodic than what I was expecting.

socklord likes this.
  5. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Nucleus album is out next week but the whole thing is already on bandcamp

swboyd and KidLightning like this.
  6. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

What does everyone think of Fleshgod Apocalypse?

I love the artwork on their albums and especially this EP:

7. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Richter915 and inspectorkemp like this.
  8. Jon

Regular

Pretty sick blackened-heavy metal demo tape from earlier this year

Richter915 likes this.
  9. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Based upon this video I’m going to do a discography run. I think losing Mitch is a horrible tragedy and they really were the leaders of the genre despite all the hate they got at the time.

inspectorkemp likes this.
  10. currytheword

Trusted

I won't ever forget how good The Cleansing was and how popular that album became after its release. Mitch was a beast on vocals live too. Some lyrics don't hold up well of course (like many albums from that decade it seems), but the band certainly was the first one to make me think I had listened to something heavier than The Acacia Strain at that time.

inspectorkemp and Nate_Johnson like this.
  11. Nate_Johnson Jun 9, 2019
    (Last edited: Jun 9, 2019)
    Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

The video explains it but they really set themselves apart by using top tier production and recording all their instruments at the same time instead of individually. I also thought it was cool how The Machine created a sort of stool for him to stand on to capture his live vocal sound.

currytheword likes this.
  12. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

I've been on their discography run since they announced that cash-in re-release of their first EP and the demos for The Cleansing. Honestly, they were such a big thing for me because they were my intro into heavier metal that wasn't Lamb Of God. I can't honestly think of many bands of that point that hold up as well as they do, and No Time To Bleed and The Black Crown are fucking bangers too.

I have to say this; listening to The Infringement Of God's Plan by Sanction reminded me so-much of the self-titled SS EP in the best way possible, and Sanction's singer has this weird touch of Mitch about him that I really dig.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  13. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

It's funny, I remember hearing The Acacia Strain's The Dead Walk back in 2006 when I was big into Lamb Of God, Killswitch Engage, Chimaira and stuff like that, and hating it (them and the first EPs from Bring Me The Horizon and Job For A Cowboy too). It was pretty much just after I got into Suicide Silence and Despised Icon and Whitechapel that I went back and revisited The Acacia Strain and fell in love.

I've actually been on a deathcore nostalgia trip lately - I might post the Spotify playlist I made just for shits and giggles later.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  14. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

Human Target will be an AOTY for me - I guess you can take the kid out of deathcore, but you can't take the deathcore out of the kid or something like that...

15. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

Speaking of deathcore, these guys are a pretty decent newer band from here in Down Under that are doing pretty well. They do a good job with the whole deathcore thing and the sci-fi shtick they have going on is kinda cool too.

inspectorkemp likes this.
  16. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

Speaking of deathcore, these guys are a pretty decent newer band from here in Down Under that are doing pretty well. They do a good job with the whole deathcore thing and the sci-fi shtick they have going on is kinda cool too. This new song of theirs, to my ears at least, almost has a slight tinge of that whole 'metalcore revival' thing going on as well (shades of Sanction and Vein in places), but maybe that's just me.

17. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

18. Horrorca

Trusted

this is p cool - thx!!

Richter915 likes this.
  19. Horrorca

Trusted

Richter915 and inspectorkemp like this.
  20. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

20 Buck Spin posted an update on their Instagram page, the new Obsequiae album is coming together. Definitely my most anticipated release.

swboyd and KidLightning like this.
  21. swboyd

[​IMG]
    Excited for that one as well.

theagentcoma likes this.
  22. inspectorkemp

a literal succubitch

HERE COMES THE PAIN

Really though. Slipknot are unironically incredible. I think I do prefer Iowa in certain regards to the debut if only because I find myself returning to Iowa more often. Knowing the context behind the album as well makes it that much more of a fascinating, if deeply morbid, listen. I don't think I've heard any album in any genre that even comes close to that level of raw, feral anger, period.

Also, yeah, The Cleansing will forever be one of the gnarliest albums I've ever heard, nostalgia for it or no. That album knocks your teeth out every time.

currytheword and Richter915 like this.
  23. Horrorca

Trusted

I do like Iowa tho

24. inspectorkemp

a literal succubitch

Been a while. Think it's time I do another mass listening dump.

Mongolian-folk influenced folk metal that isn't fronted by, from what I heard, a nutjob like Tengger Cavalry unfortunately is. Really dig the chorus on this one.

I'm actually a big fan of Jarrod Alonge's current band project. Probably toes the line of shit that belongs in this thread but I'm throwing them in here anyway. Kind of have an older-style post-hardcore/metallic hardcore touch going on.

So, uh, a dwarf-themed power metal band covered a Minecraft meme song and made it unironically dope. Hahaha. Man, this brings back memories.

New Elvenking track. Always love this band. Their vocalist has such an interesting voice to me. I've always thought it sounded needlessly strained and somewhat nasal like he wasn't doing it right but it seems like, nope, that's really just how his voice sounds! Makes him pretty unique in my eyes.

New Humanity's Last Breath track. My god, this band is monstrous. I don't know if I can even call this deathcore anymore in good conscience. This becomes a beast all its own. RIYL, uh, I dunno, chuggy pounding shit that sounds like you're being dragged to the depths of the oceans?

Richter915 likes this.
  25. swboyd

20 Buck Spin can't be stopped at the moment.