Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Metal Thread Genre • Page 362

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Jon

Regular

My take on the matter

Richter915 likes this.
  2. Nate_Johnson Apr 20, 2019
    (Last edited: Apr 20, 2019)
    Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

I think metalcore is such a huge umbrella term it depends. If we are talking OM&M, etc. then absolutely but if we are talking Converge, etc., no way.

3. inspectorkemp

a literal succubitch

Yeah, metalcore has kind of been around long enough that it's developed numerous different styles over the years, I would argue just as much as something like death metal has. Deathcore is reaching that point too (Shadow Of Intent sounds nothing like Spite who sound nothing like old Suicide Silence who sound nothing like Beneath The Massacre who sound nothing like Ingested, and so on).

Nate_Johnson and Richter915 like this.
  4. Horrorca

Trusted

what’s the good deathcore tho?

inspectorkemp likes this.
  5. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Venom Prison

riotspray likes this.
  6. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

They are so much more than that. Let’s not insult them.

riotspray and theagentcoma like this.
  7. Jake W

Then I'd say the same thing about calling Converge metalcore. Venom Prison mix Death Metal and hardcore which is what deathcore is supposed to be. If all deathcore sounded this good I'd LOVE deathcore.

riotspray and KidLightning like this.
  8. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

:shrug:

9. inspectorkemp Apr 20, 2019
    (Last edited: Apr 20, 2019)
    inspectorkemp

a literal succubitch

I'm so glad you asked! Kind of depends on what you're into - I'll throw out a number of different rec types.

If you like your deathcore super beatdown-y, hardcore-influenced and TUFF, then go for Traitors (some of the knuckle-draggingest, slowest, most primal shit I've ever heard - start with their album The Hate Campaign), Spite, The Acacia Strain (they have the bonus of having great lyrics), and Falsifier.

If you like your deathcore with technical and symphonic elements, try Shadow Of Intent. No band out there that's like them right now, and they have great riffs, great solos, great lyrics, and catchy melodies all at once. I'd also mention Aversions Crown under this mantle too, actually. Make Them Suffer has sad symphonic elements too (start with Neverbloom).

If you like suuuuper technical shit, then try Rings Of Saturn, Beneath the Massacre, The Faceless, Depths of Hatred, and Fallujah.

If you like stuff that toes the line of exiting the realm of deathcore into something all its own, then try the newest Black Tongue record, Despised Icon, The Contortionist, Humanity's Last Breath, Lorna Shore, Slice the Cake (very proggy) and Job For A Cowboy's newer works.

If you're just looking for the "best of" of the stock-standard deathcore bands, then go for Thy Art Is Murder (AKA deathcore but they really like Behemoth), Fit For An Autopsy (AKA deathcore but they really like Gojira), Angelmaker, Through the Eyes Of the Dead, Carnifex (AKA deathcore that's thinking really hard about black metal), Slaughter to Prevail (Russian deathcore with an INCREDIBLE vocalist), The Last Ten Seconds of Life, and more. I could really go on. A Night In Texas, So This Is Suffering, Signs of the Swarm, Until We Die, Gravemind, Hollow Prophet, Enterprise Earth...

This is probably extremely overwhelming but I hope at least one of these mentions was helpful, lmao.

Richter915 and Nate_Johnson like this.
  10. atlas

Trusted

indeed it does. this is my fav so far I think. that riff is just spinebusting

Richter915 likes this.
  11. Horrorca

Trusted

wow thx!!

I like some songs of some of those bands but will explore yr list!! Carnifex sounds fun

inspectorkemp and Richter915 like this.
  12. Horrorca

Trusted

Richter915 and Jake W like this.
  13. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Pin this post.

inspectorkemp and Nate_Johnson like this.
  14. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

I would also recommend carnifex.

Job for a cowboy's doom EP was my intro to deathcore. I gradually ventured into other bands like all shall perish, beneath the massacre, and through the eyes of the dead.

inspectorkemp and Nate_Johnson like this.
  15. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Yo I used to jam Impending Doom back in the day. They had some intense bass drops/breakdowns.

Also does anyone remember when Job For A Cowboy dropped the deathcore act and released a pretty good tech death album?

16. Jake W

Remember the last thy art is murder album being decent although I hardly went back to it

Richter915 likes this.
  17. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

All Shall Perish

theagentcoma and Richter915 like this.
  18. Jon

Regular

So I went and indeed got some goodies!

I copped:
    Sabbat Disembody Olive Green Longsleeve Shirt, a Sabbat tape, a Perverted Ceremony Tape, As well as an LP from Jyotisavedanga, Death Karma, Candelabrum and Knelt Rote each!

19. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

This has been out for almost a month and I'm just now seeing it?!?!?!

Cameron likes this.
  20. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Holy fuck I need to watch that

riotspray likes this.
  21. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

It’s a shame that lineup didn’t continue on

theagentcoma likes this.

22. Feeling nostalgic. For some reason, I've never been able to fully get into another of those djent bands. I'm not even sure that term even existed when they released that album.

Joe and Richter915 like this.
  23. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Oh ya I'm digging this, feels like the ATB of old.

ALSO PROOF THAT SUMERIAN IS A DECENT LABEL @swboyd

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  24. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

I’ve liked quite a few bands on the label: After the Burial, Veil of Maya, Born of Osiris and Animals as Leaders.

Richter915 likes this.
  25. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

didn't Darkest Hour release their terrible self-titled album on Sumerian?

swboyd and Nate_Johnson like this.