Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Metal Thread Genre • Page 338

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I miss JFAC

Richter915 likes this.
  2. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

Haha I decided it was more of a Dying Fetus/Aborted vibe but feels man. I do too. Genesis and Ruination are two of my all time favourite modern DM albums.

3. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

They’re one of those bands that legit got better with every album, I hope they can make a comeback someday

Richter915 likes this.
  4. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

Same. Or at least get Jonny Davy back with a new project or something...He's the person who I used to try and rip off when I was learning to do death growls back in the day.

5. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

JFAC's last album was straight tech death. I remember being blown away...especially by that bass playing

6. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

The Doom EP still holds a special place in my 16 year old heart. I thought I was so hard listening to that and Despised Icon.

Richter915 likes this.
  7. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

Dude, Despised Icon still goes hard in my book. They're one of the few deathcore bands I'll still jam from time to time.

riotspray and swboyd like this.
  8. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Venom Prison album is out in 4 weeks omg

9. swboyd

Despised Icon just didn't age well for me past The Ills of Modern Man. That and The Healing Process are both bangers. They lost me with Day of Mourning though...something album that album just rubbed me the wrong way.

10. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

So after checking out Misery Signals I started with Controller. Should I go backwards before I go to their last album??

11. theagentcoma

fucking yes, absolutely

Richter915, Cameron and cherrywaves like this.
  12. swboyd

Misery Signals is one of those bands you can't go wrong at any point in their entire discography. I'd start with Of Malice... and just move forward from there.

13. swboyd

Random initial Friday updates:

-New Venom Prison single is pretty good.
    -I think I can officially say it. Endon isn't for me. I love experimental stuff generally, but they might be a bit too spastic. I don't need an 11 minute track of someone making orgasm sounds into a microphone as vocals. That said, some of the stuff they do is cool compositionally, but like I said, it as a whole isn't for me.
    -New Vanum slaps hard.

theagentcoma likes this.
  14. Jbent

Trusted

Sun Eater is an incredible album. No need to rank JFAC albums because they got better each one so its reverse chronological order for me.

theagentcoma likes this.
  15. swboyd

The new Rotting Christ is pretty good if you like your black metal with gothic and choral elements ala Behemoth. It's solid, but nothing that'll probably be on my year-end list.

Joe likes this.
  16. inspectorkemp

a literal succubitch

I'm a slut for everything Rotting Christ does so I cannot wait to listen to this when I have the time.

Richter915 and theagentcoma like this.
  17. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

I can't even disagree. Day Of Mourning was a disappointing assumed final note and it felt like Emmure with more complexity in places - thats what put me off (and I still fucked with Emmure back then to my great shame...).

Beast was a fucking awesome comback though. One of the best (and few even good) deathcore albums of recent years.

18. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

Ugh cut to a montage of me that rips off the gun one from The Simpsons, but its all the targets of my day to day rage that I wanna smash listening to that album...

Richter915 and Jake W like this.
  19. theagentcoma

what I've heard is pretty mediocre but mediocre Rotting Christ is still good enough for me

I know this came out last week but FFO meaty death metal, this is pretty good:

swboyd likes this.
  20. theagentcoma

also I pulled the trigger and will be going to the Decibel tour here in Seattle

Richter915 likes this.
  21. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Crystal Lake scratches the Ghost Inside Itch.

currytheword likes this.
  22. currytheword

Trusted

Got anything that helps the The Ghost Inside headache?

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  23. Tomozaurus

Regular

I'd never heard of Venom Prison before peeking in this thread.
    Cheers for the tip, they're dope as hell.

Jake W likes this.
  24. currytheword

Trusted

@Nate_Johnson i’d be lying if I said there weren’t a few tracks on Returners that were fun to bump.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  25. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Revisited Walls of Jericho: The American Dream today. Still holds up. Some definite nods to Slayer on there with one foot still in hardcore. The final track is fantastic as well:

Richter915 and currytheword like this.