Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Metal Thread Genre • Page 320

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Seems like Tomb Mold will just release something every year

Richter915 and swboyd like this.
  2. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

you almost say that like it's a bad thing, dawg.

The new Barshasketh slaps pretty hard for those of you who like pretty straightforward black metal:

KidLightning likes this.
  3. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

^Double post!

swboyd likes this.
  4. swboyd

the internet at my office lags terribly sometimes. :/

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  5. swboyd

Solid melodic black metal ffo Mgla, Uada, and Dissection.

theagentcoma likes this.
  6. Texas Flood

Mulva? Supporter

What an awesome show to see. Too bad its in Japan.

riotspray likes this.
  7. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Yeah that line up is amazing

riotspray likes this.
  8. swboyd

that's a tasty lineup i'd love to see in the states.

riotspray likes this.
  9. currytheword

Trusted

I saw Envy once with Touché Amore, Trash Talk and some others in CT across the street from Yale in a bar. Was a captivating set, there was nothing to get me to stop watching and I’ve been a fan since. Would recommend anyone go catch them live if the opportunity presents itself.

10. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

@swboyd what did you think of the Dust Bolt album? I thought it was pretty decent.

11. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

So I just subscribed to Holy Roar's subscription service and they are giving out two records in January:
    A.A. William's S/T and Ithaca's The Language of Injury. Not bad!

12. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Cant wait for that Ithaca album

13. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

Holy fucking shit same. They remind me of like The Chariot but with dirtier, crustier vibes throughout. I'm predicting it to a 2019 AOTY of mine.

Jake W likes this.
  14. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

You are doing the Dark Lord's good work mate.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  15. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

16. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

'Thread My Lips': Cast Down Drop Sick New Single // Killyourstereo.com

I also wanted to introduce you non-Aussies to one of our brightest up and coming bands - Cast Down. They used to just be a pretty standard moshcore band and now they've gone all Harms Way/Code Orange on us and started bringing some sweet industrial shit on board. It's pretty sweet and I reckon they're gonna be huge in Aussie heavy circles soon enough. Hope you Yanks and Poms like them!

17. swboyd

Didn't get to it Friday due to a combination of work getting busy and going on a bit of a binge with Dissection. It's on my list for tomorrow. Will report back.

18. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

Dissection are so good. Storm Of The Light's Bane is one of my favourite death/black metal releases of all time.

theagentcoma and swboyd like this.
  19. Wow, it’s cool to see these guys posted here! Their vocalist’s girlfriend has been a good friend of mine for years

theagentcoma likes this.
  20. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

I love this band. They're one of the best new bands we have - next to Caged Existence - doing the whole metallic hardcore thing in Australia. Glad to see someone else here knows them!

Mary V likes this.
  21. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

Holy fuck I missed this. I fucking love this band and I've been waiting eagerly for the follow up to Blossoming Decay for ages. This is just absolutely amazing. Welcome back to these boys.

swboyd likes this.
  22. stars143

Trusted

23. swboyd

I was actually jamming The Somberlain a few times through...Storm of the Light's Bane is great too, but I was just mesmerized by that album in particular on Friday. It's crazy to me that Jon was still a teenager when he put that album together. It made me a bit existential on the way home from work where I kept thinking, "What the hell am I doing with my life if homie can do something like that at an age before I graduated high school?"

24. swboyd

It's a pretty solid modern thrash album...these guys have the potential to be pretty big if they can get the right support slots and backing.

KidLightning and Nate_Johnson like this.
  25. Horrorca

Trusted

playing jesu’s Ascension - works wonders with this -14C day in NY