Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Metal Thread Genre • Page 146

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

2. CellarGhosts

Trusted Prestigious

Oh fuck yeah new COC rules.

marsvoltamcr and ugman_2000 like this.
  3. Jon

Regular

I have no friends and need people to talk about metal with. Here is an album I have been listening to today. Free download!

Serpent Column - Ornuthi Thalassa

Richter915 and theagentcoma like this.
  4. Jon

Regular

Here's some sinister slam.

Devangelic - Phlegethon

Richter915 likes this.
  5. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

This album is so good

6. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

those riffs completely agree. Love the groove on this.

suicidesaints likes this.
  7. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Hell yeah, glad people are digging Exogenesis. I didn't expect a positive reaction for some reason.

Richter915 likes this.
  8. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

The new Electric Wizard is...an Electric Wizard album. Another example of a band that has a solid formula, and if it ain't broke, why fix it?

New Thantifaxath leaked. Definitely going to purchase it so I have no issues with giving it an early preview, but I don't see vinyl pre-orders up for it yet anywhere. That makes me a sad panda.

9. cherrywaves

Trusted

Lol

swboyd likes this.
  10. CellarGhosts

Trusted Prestigious

lol i was about to post that whole exchange in here. watched it all unfold last night and was laughing throughout. goddamn if gavin mcinnes and his proudboy dweebs don't deserve a good hard kick in the dick.

swboyd likes this.
  11. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

CC setlist according to setlist.fm:

Code of the Slashers
    Only One Will Die
    Red Before Black
    Scourge of Iron
    The Wretched Spawn
    Pounded Into Dust
    Kill or Become
    Gutted
    Corpus Delicti
    Devoured by Vermin
    Scavenger Consuming Death
    Evisceration Plague
    Death Walking Terror
    A Skull Full of Maggots
    I Cum Blood
    Make Them Suffer
    Stripped, Raped and Strangled
    Hammer Smashed Face

guess I have a playlist to make

swboyd likes this.
  12. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

ugman_2000 likes this.
  13. swboyd

power trip is the hero we both need and deserve. which is a rarity in these dark times. gonna crack a cold one tonight for riley & co.

the new coc is dope. riffs and solos for days. i love it.

electric wizard and thantifaxath's new recs leaked. like i mentioned in the other thread, the electric wizard release doesn't break any new ground in their sound, but it's still a solid release. thantifaxath's new mlp is something else. i haven't heard a bm record this dark and bleak in a while. it's a trying listen, but damn if it isn't worth it when you make it through it.

also jamming medico peste this morning. another polish bm band featuring two of the dudes who are in mgla's live line-up. solid stuff here, but i need to listen to it more in amount and in depth to form an educated opinion about it:

plus it has a bauhaus cover. who can hate that shit?

suicidesaints likes this.
  14. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Jfac and asp are always bands I go back to. Though some of jfacs newer stuff moved away from deathcore and is really enjoyable.

Also, is it weird that my phone autocorrected deathcore to deathgrind?

15. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I need to listen to JFAC. Somehow they kinda slipped past me.

16. cherrywaves

Trusted

If you never posted this video in a MySpace bulletin, we ain’t the same

17. cherrywaves

Trusted

Also while not quite metal, Mark Palm (formerly) of Black Breath has a side project called Supercrush, and it’s very good if you’re into Lemonheads/Dino Jr. just dropped a new track too

18. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Black Breath fuckin rules. Any word on if they're recording anything new?

19. swboyd

they haven't updated their facebook at all in 2017 so i don't know what's going on with them. i doubt they're recording anything anytime soon based on that.

20. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

It suck. The only thing I can find on them is stuff from around the end of 2016. They only played here once, back in 2014 (I went) but they got lost or something on the way to the venue and didn't show up until like 1:50am (I waited) luckily they still played, but only like 3-4 songs. I REALLY wanted to see them again since they released Slaves Beyond Death, but they never came back and now they've basically disappeared.

21. swboyd

Sounds like it was still a fun time though.

The one time I saw them was back in July 2012 with Burning Love, Maryrdod, Enabler (rest in shit, Jeff), and Dead in the Dirt which still remains to this day one of the best shows I've ever attended. IIRC, that was the Southern Lord tour that year. The gig took place on 4th of July weekend, and the venue (Strange Matter) was HOT AS FUCK. Black Breath played around 40 minutes, and I forgot to bring earplugs to the shindig. Over that 40 minutes, they played one of the loudest, most hellacious sets I'd ever seen that has only been topped once or twice for me personally since. By the end of it, I was deaf, sweaty, and exhausted. I explicitly remember getting back to my car with the buddy who I went to the show with and just sat there for 10 minutes before we started the hour drive home. We were racked with tinnitus and caked in sweat, but I wouldn't have changed anything that night.

For reference, other sets I've seen, off the top of my head, that topped that one:
    1) First official Agoraphobic Nosebleed live show at Maryland Deathfest 2015
    2) Insect Warfare set at Maryland Deathfest 2017
    3) Pig Destroyer @ Reggies in Chicago, April 2016

Minusblue54 and suicidesaints like this.
  22. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

That may have been the tour I went to. I said 2014, but I was just going off the top of my head and now that I think about it, it must've been more than 3 years ago. Maryrdod opened for them for sure. It was cool because they played for like 30 people that stuck around, but it was a bummer bc we had to wait all night and then only hear a few songs. Glad I got to see them nonetheless. They tore it up.

swboyd likes this.
  23. swboyd

inspectorkemp and suicidesaints like this.
  24. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

It’s funny. I came on here to give Architects some love and say that I listen to them daily and All Our Gods Have Abandoned Us is possibly one of favorite records of all time. Doomsday has so much emotion and sadness behind it makes me remember that life is so short.

inspectorkemp likes this.
  25. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah both All Our Gods and Doomsday are so good. AOGHAU was such a perfect swan song for Tom.

Nate_Johnson likes this.