Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Metal Thread Genre • Page 144

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Really want to go to Gatecreeper/Power Trip/Cannibal Corpse tonight. I don't really care about CC. Seen them a bunch and they're good, but whatever, but I've yet to see Power Trip and I've been dying to for the longest. Tickets are $35 though and it's 40 degrees and raining out. Show is indoors, but still... I dunno...

Richter915, swboyd and theagentcoma like this.
  2. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

DO IT

suicidesaints and swboyd like this.
  3. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

Power Trip is one of the best live bands on the planet. And Gatecreeper slays too. If you don't go to the show, I'll straw-poll society to have your metal card rebuked and call for Tate to thread ban you.

I'm J/K-ing obviously, BUT STILL GO.

theagentcoma and suicidesaints like this.
  4. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Fuck, dude. My metal card is jeopardy? We'll see...

5. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Enjoy these shows now while you still have time...once I turned thirty the idea of going to shows became frightening.

theagentcoma and suicidesaints like this.
  6. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I'm 34. One of the reason I'm hesitant to go. If I had a guaranteed balcony spot, I'd be down, but it's all GA and if you want a rail spot on the balcony you have to get there at least an hour or two before the doors open. Since it's 40 degrees and raining, I don't really want to wait for the doors.

theagentcoma likes this.
  7. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

i turn 30 in 5 months and I've been putting my life in harm's way for too long lol. That Cattle Decap/Revocation show was a pretty wild one

Richter915 and suicidesaints like this.
  8. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I tore ligaments in both of my knees (a year apart) being dumb at shows. This was when I was like 19. I've been in the front for MANY shows since then, but I try to avoid actually getting "in" the pit now. For certain shows, I just stay far away from the front. Cannibal Corpse would probably be one of them.

Richter915 and theagentcoma like this.
  9. swboyd

I generally tend to stay away from pits as well but for different reasons. I wear glasses and am quite visually impaired without them. Not a fan of contacts so that's not an option. I lost my glasses once in a Defeater pit and was blind as a bat for the rest of the show. I'm just grateful that my brother was there to drive my car home because I'd have been screwed otherwise.

I'm just grateful that the next big metal show I'm going to (Hatebreed/Dying Fetus) is at a venue with a balcony so I can avoid those type of shenanigans.

suicidesaints likes this.
  10. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Lost my glasses at Deftones/Glassjaw in 2000 and my mom and dad both had to come pick us up because I couldn't drive without them and my friends didn't have their license yet so one of my parents had to drive my car home and the other had to drive back in the car they came in.

swboyd likes this.
  11. mescalineeyes

just admit that I'm the fantasy Prestigious

so this dude e-mailed me a year or so ago to contribute vocals to his metal project. dudemeister is REALLY into Deafheaven.

I'm very proud of how it turned out. If you guys want I can share the whole album with you from a private soundcloud that I've hid from the label lol

12. inspectorkemp Nov 8, 2017
    (Last edited: Nov 8, 2017)
    inspectorkemp

a literal succubitch

Fuck. I forgot this was coming. On my catchup list, lol.

Also, @ the show anxiety convo - I already feel that and I'm still fairly young, yikes. Then again, probably has to do with the fact that the only shows worth going to near me are always over an hour away which is a ton of driving and gas and mental energy that I just don't have most of the time.

Also, I don't like strangers touching me especially when they're drenched in sweat. Combine that with the fact that I'm a twig compared to the build of most moshers, and it's a pretty big concoction as to why I don't mosh or go to shows much. I wish I could attend more though. I feel like I'm hardcore missing out.

Richter915 likes this.
  13. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I'm was always the smallest dude in the pit, but I didn't let it stop me. I probably should have. That being said, don't let it stop you from going to shows all together. Just explore different venues and different spots around them to find a good spot to watch the show from (balcony, in front of the sound board, sometimes even being in the very front in front of the pit is cool)

Richter915 and inspectorkemp like this.
  14. swboyd

New Taake.

15. swboyd

New Taake. It's a solid track that seems like a logical continuation from Stridens Hus. Excited for the album.

16. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

@swboyd

I came to turn in my resignation. I didn't go to the show last night. :tear:Here's my metal card.

[​IMG]

swboyd likes this.
  17. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Richter915 and swboyd like this.
  18. swboyd

You can still keep it. I'm a generous and benevolent soul. Plus heavy metal is a collective, and one voice does not equal consensus.

Truth be told, I can't blame you at all. I've skipped a few shows I was borderline on over the last year for various reasons ranging from Netflix binges to not feeling like driving out to shitty venues in the suburbs.

19. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, it sucks too because I had 3 shows lined up this week (Thrice, Cannibal, Noname) and I kinda bailed on all of them, since I already went to 3 last week (Hatebreed, Brand New, Ween) - I dunno, just been working OT and haven't felt like doing much in the little time I have between shifts.

20. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

More metal fans should live by this motto.

21. swboyd

Going to more than 1-2 shows in a week is always a struggle for me unless they all happen to fall on a weekend. I'm thankful that I'm taking a sort-of self imposed hiatus for the month of November before a crazy stretch post-Thanksgiving (may go to a free show on the 14th, but still up in the air since it's a Tuesday and I'd have to drive back into the city after my ASL classes in the suburbs).

11/27 - Monobody
    12/1 - Iron Chic/OWTH (brother is coming into town for that one)
    12/3 - Hatebreed et al.

12/5 - Exhumed/Arkaik (Maybe)
    12/7 - Thrice/Circa (Maybe)
    12/11 - Big | Brave
    12/16 - Plaque Marks (Maybe)
    12/27 - Falls of Rauros
    12/30 - Red Death

The bold I have tickets for, and the rest that aren't maybes I'm definitely going to. Ugh. It'll be a good but rough month.

22. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, there seems to always be a lot in the fall/winter. I used to go to a lot more when I was in high school and college and single, but I still probably go to 30-40 shows a year, so it's not bad.

23. Horrorca

Trusted

Nattestid is like top 5 bm albums for me

the next one is amazing too

then I lost track of Taake... will spin the new one

swboyd likes this.
  24. ChampsMusic Nov 9, 2017
    (Last edited: Nov 9, 2017)
    ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

Hey guys! Recently did an interview with Travis Orbin talking about Periphery, Sky Eats Airplane, and Darkest Hour.

It's my first interview and actually just launched my site today, so I appreciate an feedback.

Now for the clickbait: "Is a Sky Eats Airplane Reunion possible? Let's find out"

Link:
    champsmusic

Richter915 likes this.
  25. swboyd

New Gatecreeper 7".

Richter915 and suicidesaints like this.