Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Metal Thread Genre • Page 141

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

You gonna stick around for Revocation?

swboyd likes this.
  2. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

Oh, I'm sticking around for all of the bands. I'm just more of a fan of Full of Hell and Artificial Brain at this point in my life. I haven't actively listened to Revocation since Deathless just because my tastes have changed a bit since then. Cattle Decap is always a good time live, but I haven't really been a fan of their last few records because the "clean vocals" on them annoy the shit out of me. But yeah, I'm still gonna go and enjoy all the bands at least. :)

suicidesaints likes this.
  3. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Revocation is extremely good live. I'd only heard a few of their songs prior to seeing them, but I was blown away when I saw them a few month ago with Suffocation/Morbid Angel

4. inspectorkemp

a literal succubitch

So fucking jealous. I was gonna go to that but plans got too crazy for me this weekend for me to squeeze it in in good conscience. If I happen to be in Vegas during their Vegas date I'm going to that for sure but I'm bummed I have to miss it tonight.

swboyd likes this.
  5. swboyd

It's a busy weekend for me too as I have to leave work, head home to grab dinner, and then make it into the city for the show in a 2 hour span...gonna be a lot of hectic rushing and praying that traffic is favorable so I can make it there in time to see AB.

Hope you get to see them in Vegas (pending you actually being there).

Definitely will report back to the thread on how the show goes tonight.

inspectorkemp and theagentcoma like this.
  6. CellarGhosts

Trusted Prestigious

Revocation are one of the best metal bands going right now period end of

wish they were still on Relapse tho

theagentcoma likes this.
  7. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Hatebreed fuckin' ripped last night. My head/neck is killing me.

8. cherrywaves

Trusted

Debating seeing them next month.

9. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

10. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Do it. Especially if Fetus and Code Orange are the support.

cherrywaves likes this.
  11. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

Where’s the best place to start with Revocation?

12. theagentcoma

I'd start with Existence is Futile and go forward chronologically from there.

ugman_2000 likes this.
  13. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

That’s my Monday work playlist sorted then, thanks.

Richter915 and theagentcoma like this.
  14. swboyd

Dope deathgrind from TX. 'twas a nice discovery while messing around on Bandcamp this morning.

Also, the Cattle Decapitation/Revocation/Full of Hell/Artificial Brain show was awesome. Artificial Brain had a temporary touring vocalist for this stretch of the tour who did a great job (their vocalist is still in the band but apparently can't get into Canada for some reason - he'll be back with that band on this tour when they get back to the East Coast). The rest of the band sounded great too. Full of Hell was awesome as always. The new material sounded great live especially Crawling Back to God. I'm amazed they made that song sound as massive as it is on record even without Aaron Turner being there to supply his guest vox. Revocation and Cattle Decapitation were solid and made me want to revisit their newer records that I skipped over when they came out. All in all, it was an awesome night of metal. Though I am pissed that it was the same night as Primitive Man/Bell Witch across town, but that happens sometimes. *shrug emoji*

suicidesaints and theagentcoma like this.
  15. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Parkway Drive playing both Rock in Park and Rock am Ring next June! Wooooop!

16. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

Update: Revocation are fucking good

suicidesaints and theagentcoma like this.
  17. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Revocation and skeletonwitch are two bands I only started listening to in 2016, so much regret that I never listened to them like ten years earlier haha.

18. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

I can't vouch for either of these albums but I'll be spinning them some time this week

suicidesaints likes this.
  19. CellarGhosts

Trusted Prestigious

I really do like Parkway Drive but man I will never not see the spinning drum riser thing as the goofiest shit, regardless of who does it.

20. swboyd

Ne Obliviscaris isn't my thing. They're definitely talented, but Urn is boring to me. Blut Aus Nord is on my need-to-check-out list after all the praise they've gotten in this site. Hoping for good things there.

21. swboyd

Someone here might like this, but this is meh to me. The flute solo is out of place. The production feels thin, but Ken Sorceron's vocals are always nice to hear.

Richter915 likes this.
  22. swboyd

New Godflesh single.

23. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

New Spotlights is so good.

Also that Thou/The Body album slays

24. theagentcoma

swboyd likes this.
  25. CellarGhosts

Trusted Prestigious

Ugh Sabaton are so dorky. And not in a fun way like Venom ha. They do have a couple songs I've sorta enjoyed in the past but as a whole symphonic and/or power metal just makes me want to vomit blood.

DarkHotline, swboyd and theagentcoma like this.