Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Menzingers Band • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, Mar 5, 2016.

1. jorbjorb

7 rings

1st album is better than the last by far

2. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

On mobile and watching the NBA playoffs lol. I fixed it.

3. MFA

See you in hell, or see you when I see you. Prestigious

I dunno, RW has some songs on it that are some of the best in their entire discography - Transient Love, I Don't Wanna Be An Asshole Anymore, Where Your Heartache Exists, Hearts Unknown, Nothing Feels Good Anymore... Yea A Lesson is great but even the lows of RW are still pretty damn solid. They're two heavily different albums almost 7 years apart so it's more a taste thing if you're comparing them imo haha

i will fuck with Even For An Eggshell till the day i die tho

4. Michael Schmidt

I have CW slightly above RW. Those two are behind OTIP. But, as Bob Slidell from Office Space celebrates the whole Bolton catalog, I celebrate the whole Menzingers catalog.

MFA likes this.
  5. MFA

Yea with this band it's more of a case of "Which of all these wonderful albums is the best" more than "ONE ALBUM TO RULE THEM ALL, ONE ALBUM TO BIND THEM"

6. Michael Schmidt

Pretty much. I think their first album is really good even though it's not talked about much on here. I just think they make really good music and I have no doubt I will enjoy the next album. They are one of those bands where I don't worry about new music at all.

7. Michael Schmidt

Brandon Allin, Jose and kpatrickwood like this.
  8. Brandon Allin

Finest Quality Crappy Punk Rock Since '92 Prestigious

I can't wait for this. Love CW, OTIP and RW.

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  9. MFA

I don't care for his production but what the fuck ever. New Menzingers record. THAT'S ALL I NEED.

10. This is like finding out you're about to have pizza but that it's some fake whole wheat gluten free tasteless crust.

11. Michael Schmidt

Easily one of my favorite bands and one of my most anticipated albums of the year. I would love to see this thread explode like the Blink one, but I understand that won't happen haha

12. Michael Schmidt

13. MFA

Yeah but don't forget that the toppings are going to be fucking glorious

14. MFA

Altho if it's gonna have goats cheese on it I'm gonna be pissed af

15. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

Basically how I feel. I know for certain that I'll love the songwriting, but I've only liked the production on probably 1-2 Will Yip records.

16. Michael Schmidt

I would love to get a Menzingers record done by Bill Stevenson. That pairing feels right to me. Or Matt Kennerty.

17. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Not a fan of the album title at all but the fact that it's new Menz trumps all. Which records would people point to (besides all of them lol) in citing Yip's terrible production? Genuinely curious since I don't really notice production values the same way as when I was actively recording and mixing songs back in high school.

18. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

It's a new Menzingers record, the fact that Yip is producing is a complaint, but I'm not letting it ruin my excitement for a new menzingers album.

19. Borat 2: Vengeance

The Pitbull of Chorus.fm Prestigious

Would honestly be fine with a toddler producing this album, like it's The Menzingers, they know what they're doing. At least wait till we hear something before complaining

20. Booooo yip yayyyy menzingers

21. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

I've liked quite a few Will Yip records so I'm not too worried. I need to make sure I see them this year.

22. fame

i thought this was chorus.FM?? Prestigious

listening to a lesson in the abuse of information technology for the first time. pleasently surprised. some of these hooks are HUGE. v fun record.

23. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

i should listen to that album some time

fame likes this.
  24. fame

i thought this was chorus.FM?? Prestigious

obviously not as good as the three that proceded it, but it's still a fun listen imo. can totally hear the roots of the band they'd become on here.

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  25. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Yeah, I figured it was probably not gonna be anywhere close to as good as the others since I never see anyone mention it haha. Your post has me reconsidering though

fame likes this.