Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Menzingers Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, Mar 5, 2016.

1. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

RW is good just never hooked me outside of a few tracks.

I don't want to be an Wasilla anymore is still tight.

JRGComedy likes this.
  2. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

RW has a much better closer than OTIP for sure.

RW reminds me of such a specific time in my life. Adore that album. Love the 90s Rock influence it has.

3. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

If anything, you have to appreciate the growth and willingness to try something new. There were still a few standard punk songs thrown in. I like their willingness to try new things. Their consistency in songwriting, to me is what has me so excited for their next record. I know there are going to be some new things mixed with their punk sound. And chances are very likely it will produce a good outcome.

4. CoffeeEyes17

No doubt the follow up will be at least good. They're too talented of songwriters for it to be any less.

I'd love to see an expansion of instruments in their sound. Maybe some piano or something. I'm sure they could make it work.

5. Michael Schmidt

It would be a throwback sound, but maybe they could add some horns a la the Bob and the Sagets days haha.

6. Michael Schmidt Mar 7, 2016
    (Last edited: Mar 8, 2016)
    Michael Schmidt

Joe from The Menzingers was on the Bright Tanked podcast. Important takeaways were that they have several songs written and demoed. They go into record in about a month. They will continue to write until then. They have a tour scheduled for the fall, but can't announce details yet. The new record sounds like it will be fallish based on what Joe said, but he couldn't say much. Below is the link!

nothingsforeverdude likes this.
  7. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Can't wait to see what they do next. They can do no wrong!

8. CoffeeEyes17

Shits gonna be dope

KennedyBN likes this.
  9. Deathco_019

Drummer

I love Rented World and I love fall so I should love this, right?

10. Michael Schmidt

I expect it to be awesome. I am just really anxious to hear a new song.

11. CoffeeEyes17

Yeah it'll definitely be great. Love the progression they're making.

12. Transient Love is my fav Menzingers song. I love Rented World

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  13. CoffeeEyes17

One of my favorites. Last 3 records have been incredible. They're well on their way to becoming an all time best punk/rock band.

OTIP is my definite favorite, but RW, CW, and HOD are incredible in their own rights.

14. Michael Schmidt

I have HOD but I don't think I ever went through the whole thing for some reason. I have probably heard each song at some point though. I actually enjoy Information Technology. It's their weakest record, but I don't mind listening to it. It's not as bad as some people make it sound.

15. TheVandyMan

Please stop deleting my custom title Prestigious

The acoustic demos for OTIP are some of my favorite versions of those songs. Definitely one of my favorite of their releases.

16. Michael Schmidt

Is that the OTIP Demo from 2012 that I see on Wiki? Where can I buy it?

17. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

new songs:

they are very strange, not necessarily in a bad way, just not the sort of sound i ever expected from them

18. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

lol nvm they're covers

19. never really listened to their newest album, but seeing this thread just reminded me how much I enjoy Casey and I forgot about that song.

20. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

OTIP is always in rotation for me.

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  21. Michael Schmidt

So, this thread was on the 5th page and to me, that is unacceptable so I am giving this a bump. I am pretty anxious to get more album details even though it's early for a fall release.

22. fame

i thought this was chorus.FM?? Prestigious

really love those dirty old town / whiskey in a jar covers even though ive heard both those songs enough times to last me a lifetime.

23. Michael Schmidt

Yeah, to me, it just seemed like a fun thing to do on St. Patrick's Day. Given the Pogues, Thin Lizzy, and the song origins, it makes sense to do those songs. They are cool songs to add to my covers playlist.

24. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Subbin.

I had such a great time at their fall tour w/ Pianos, mewithoutyou, and Restorations.

25. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

Love these guys