Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Menzingers Band • Page 24

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Off the top of my head, House on Fire with the, "yeah, does it make you nervous, have you fulfilled your purpose" part is a super singalong part that I could see passed over on record.

2. No it almost felt more like a verse. I just skimmed the record and it may actually be a song I’m vaguely familiar with from the back catalogue. I’ll find it eventually. It may be in remission but not just the crutch/wheelchair line. It was like an entire verse it felt like.

3. Yup I think it’s the latter part of the second verse of in remission.

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  4. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

SET FIRE TO YOUR HOME AND TAP YOUR CELLPHONE!!!

5. I stood there like :shrug:

I was glad everyone was having a good time. I felt like the proud pop punk dad at that show. Also, my “who the fuck is Matt Skiba?” shirt was an unexpectedly huge hit.

JRGComedy likes this.
  6. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

The verses of In Remission are probably the most explosive part of their set imo

David Parke likes this.
  7. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

The bridge to Casey should be mentioned too.

I think most explosive part as far as crowd popping off is when Good Things kicks into high gear. That’s usually when I have to move to the back because I get kicked in the head or elbowed or something. Never fails to get everyone going nuts.

8. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

saturday la show went off so hard, one of my favorite shows of theirs easily

9. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Saw them last night. My first time seeing them as a headliner. So damn fun. I never go in the pit, but I ended up in it and had a fucking blast. After the Party was a great opener. It got the place bumpin!

Also, they played Rodent and I was so happy bc I didn’t see that in previous set lists. That’s my favorite from them.

Also, pretty cool to see Greg play a left handed jazzmaster for the encore songs.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  10. myawrld

Regular

As a lover of After The Party - I love these setlists but as someone who got into these guys when they released Chamberlain Waits..I miss hearing those songs live. They always kill it and I'll always go but man would I love to see some of those songs again.

11. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Definitely. They bust some out sometimes though. Last year they played Rivalries quite a bit. Time Tables and I Was Born always randomly pop up too

12. abw123

Trusted

Saw them in Dallas last week. Great great show. We got Time Tables and also Irish Goodbyes(?) which I was unfamiliar with.

13. Michael Schmidt

Irish Goodbyes goes hard.

MexicanGuitars likes this.
  14. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I'd love for them to bring back The Shakes

pauljgreco likes this.
  15. Michael Schmidt

Yeah love The Shakes as well. Didn’t they play that on the first ATP tour?

Collins likes this.
  16. johnnyutes

Vaya con Dios Supporter

If anyone is rolling solo to the show on Tuesday and looking to not be solo, send me a dm

17. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Just realized via Insta that Greg is dating Eric’s sister

JaytotheGee likes this.
  18. DrownTheWorkforce

Regular

I always thought the line went "tap yourself, oh"

the more you know

19. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Saw them last night, my god this band kills it every time.

Also curious, they literally did a sale once and announced it via Instagram story for a poof ball hat. Anyone end up getting one? I’m trying to find it online and no luck.

20. cherrywaves

Trusted

They played it last night, it whipped ass

21. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I saw they started playing Shakes and started throwing Black Mass into the VIP. :verysad:

22. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

They’re halfway through writing right now according to Greg’s Instagram story

FrankieThe4th, Joe4th, MFA and 4 others like this.
  23. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Summer release let’s do this. None of that January/February crap. Great news!

24. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

Beat me to it! Need new Menzos pounding on my ear drums!

KidLightning and waking season like this.
  25. RobJGolde

Wrecked 'em? Damn near killed 'em!

I’m predicting a mid or late spring 2020 release. Hopefully it’s sooner though. So excited to see how they try to top ATP