Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Menzingers Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, Mar 5, 2016.

1. George

Trusted Prestigious

Is it disliked? Generally, the only negative things you hear about it are followed by the qualification you made in comparison to OTIP. Don't think I've seen anyone who outright dislikes it.

2. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

yeah ive seen some negative slights at it, ranging from it sounding like "radio rock" to the lyrics being generic and uninspired. There was some talk of that on AP and Sputnik, plus on twitter and stuff.

3. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Yeah, it seems to be really well received at shows, but online, I have seen some more negative comments. Online, it seems about split on the reception from what I see.

4. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

I like RW a lot but OTIP is a top five of all time album for me so it kinda pales in comparison

5. CoffeeEyes17

Yeah that's how I feel too.

So, top 5 songs?

Gates
    Times Tables
    Rodent
    No We Didn't
    Sunday Morning

Tough to leave off so many, bands discography is excellent. A Lesson isn't really for me but it still has some merit.

6. Michael Schmidt

My top 5 would be:

The Obituaries
    Gates
    Burn After Writing
    Time Tables
    Nice Things

7. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

Thanks Chris!!!

8. TheVandyMan

Please stop deleting my custom title Prestigious

My top 5:

Gates
    Sun Hotel (the acoustic rendition)
    I Don't Wanna Be an Asshole Anymore
    Mexican Guitars
    Rivalries

9. CoffeeEyes17

You're on probation now

10. cwhit

Now? My whole AP/this existence over the last five years has been on probation

11. cwhit

shhhhh don't remind anyone!
    it's okay though I'm a very positive force now who else would try so hard to get everyone to listen to emperor X!

12. CoffeeEyes17

For what it's worth Casey I'm glad you're still here

13. TheVandyMan

Please stop deleting my custom title Prestigious

If you don't do it for Casey, do it for me. "Western Teleport" is a very important album.

14. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

ME AND CASSSSEEEY

WE USED TO GET DRUNK BEFORE WE DID THE DISHES

15. cwhit

There's this band Luther that sent me a note when I ordered a record saying "thanks for doing the dishes with Greg Barnett"
    I kept that note forever, I'll post a picture later

16. Michael Schmidt

Pretty sure Luther was the opener on the Menzingers/Bouncing Souls tour a few years ago.

17. cwhit

They were, really good band, sad they broke up. Last record was a really good/fun pop punk/punk rock record

18. CoffeeEyes17

You ever realize how perfect this band is

19. Sophos

Regular

i prefer rented world

20. CoffeeEyes17

RW is so so good. "Nothing Feels Good Anymore" alone makes that album worthwhile.

21. Sophos

Regular

not to mention i dont wanna be an asshole anymore, rodent, where your heartache exists, transient love, in remission, etc. its about that time of year for this thing to get constant rotation

JRGComedy likes this.
  22. Michael Schmidt

I was surprised at how so-so Rented World was received by AP. That album is so good. Hearts Unknown is stellar imo too.

23. CoffeeEyes17

Oh yeah, there isn't a bad song on there at all. "Rodent" and "Nothing Feels Good Anymore" are just the absolute standouts

Idk why it was so poorly received. I just remember a couple users shitting on RW and those of us that loved it

24. Michael Schmidt

I was less vocal in the forums when that album dropped, but I remember feeling like a Simpson's character getting the pitch fork out when I saw people shitting on it. It's one thing to not feel it, but come on.

25. Sophos

Regular

well its like, anytime you tried talking about RW youd get 10 people to drop by just to say "on the impossible past is better." its like yeah ok we can still talk about RW