Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Menzingers Band • Page 17

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, Mar 5, 2016.

1. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

They’re also headlining a festival in southern Hungary some time in August I believe.

2. MexicanGuitars

K was watching another live stream from Amsterdam and during a break *multiple* people were calling for Mexican Guitars and that’s what does it for me folks

David Parke, Morgan and dylan like this.
  3. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

It’s unnerving that it’s 70 degrees in NH today but damn did it feel good to blast On the Impossible Past with windows down. I don’t know if it’s because I got into them at this time of year but The Menzingers are always my go-to end of winter into spring band.

4. CAC3

Dog

On the Impossible Past reminds me of the dead of winter, when it gets dark really early. Only because that's when I discovered it. I feel like the tone of the music probably fits the transition from winter to spring better.

I love this band.

waking season likes this.
  5. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

This was one of my favorite times seeing them for sure and definitely the drunkest I've seen them play so I think the name is perfect

6. MexicanGuitars

One year ago I saw Mexican Guitars for the first time at Metro

Now I’m back at the Metro tonight to see Propagandhi, who has also toured w the Menz. Full circle ppl

7. Propagandhi is the fucking best!

jorbjorb and Kennedy like this.
  8. Morgan

Morgan

I just got tickets to the show Friday!

9. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

10. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

My first time seeing them will be next Saturday in Denver for St Paddy's day. the chances of them playing irish goodbye should be pretty high (heh) since it's literally on the poster

11. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

this band sucks

jk love u menzos

jordalsh and dylan like this.
  12. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

whoa, nnamdi is opening for them? that's pretty wild

13. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I'm assuming only in Michigan but definitely cool

14. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

[​IMG]

15. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Gov Ball will be show 10 for me, i know that's nothing compared to some, but only one has been around home so that means they've gotten my cheap/curmudgeonly ass out to NYC 9 times - no small feat. Seeing Gaslight/Menz/Japandroids/ManOrch in one evening is going to be a spiritual cleansing.

EmmanuelSCastle and JaytotheGee like this.
  16. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Incredibly jealous

If Spring Fling wasn't 10 mins down the road from me I would be there no brainer

Shrek likes this.
  17. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

Bummer that GR is on a Wednesday. Seeing the Menzos at the Pyramid Scheme followed by a night on Ionia would be a perfect Friday/Saturday night.

18. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I'm bummed Columbus is on a Tuesday but I will still be there. Just a little less drunk than I usually am at a Menz gig

19. RobJGolde

Wrecked 'em? Damn near killed 'em!

PSA: the full pro-quality video for their holiday show in Scranton is now up on Youtube.

20. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Hell yes

21. Morgan

Morgan

Anyone going to any of the shows this weekend ?

22. kupe

Regular

Went last night, had a great, great time. And I got RODENT and CHARLIE'S ARMY, two of my favs.

JaytotheGee, David Parke and Morgan like this.
  23. Morgan

Morgan

How was the crowd ?

24. kupe

Regular

Very into it. Up in front it was rough, I got kicked in the face a few times and somebody surfed right into Tom and almost knocked him over. If you hang out to the sides or a little bit further back it was better

25. nickdr921

Regular

Does anyone have tickets for tonight that they're willing to sell?!?! Please I'm desperate haha!