Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Menzingers Band • Page 15

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Holy shit! That sounds epic.

teebs41 likes this.
  2. Barcara

Regular

Unbelievably stoked they're actually coming to Calgary for a headlining show soon.

3. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

I've seen The Menzingers three times this month, and there's no doubt in my mind that they're now one of my favorite bands.

teebs41 likes this.
  4. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

"You used to call me darling, now you prefer more formal."

Ran into my ex tonight and this line keeps running through my mind. Low key the best lyric on this album

5. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Always liked that line myself.

6. clucky

Trusted Supporter

Someone at this party just referred to on the impossible past as their first album and someone else corrected them... to say it's their second

Help what do i do

JaytotheGee and cubsml34 like this.
  7. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

I would just start yelling the chorus to A Lesson In the Abuse" at them until they learn the error of their ways

clucky and Michael Schmidt like this.
  8. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

"We used to get high and stare at the moon/And wonder how long it would take to walk to/But now that's like the distance between me and you"

That one always hit me.

9. MexicanGuitars

"A decade lost in the motions to romance and cheap whisky, the subtle sound of a fleeting feeling, like four chords that don't love you no more, in a motel room a sleeping bag on the floor, is it wrong to say that things can change?" may be the finest Greg lyrics this side of Mexican Guitars or Gates.

Bryan Diem, RobJGolde, dylan and 5 others like this.
  10. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

JaytotheGee and Michael Schmidt like this.
  11. Michael Schmidt

That cover makes me feel vindicated for championing this band for so long, but also sad that one of my favorite songwriters is gone.

dylan likes this.
  12. Mosber

I dig this band, but I feel fairly confident I'll never like anything of their as much as I love "Casey"

gclub

Turkeylegz likes this.
  13. Turkeylegz

Trusted

I just relistened to their acoustic demos ep today and forgot how much I loved the Casey and Sun Hotel demos.

Aj LaGambina likes this.
  14. Morgan

Morgan

Anyone going to the holiday shows in Asbury?

nickdr921 likes this.
  15. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

i'm going to the baltimore date

16. RobJGolde

Wrecked 'em? Damn near killed 'em!

True story. I'd like to make a case for the 2nd verse of "Black Mass" though. ATP is still sitting pretty in my top 3 for AOTY

MexicanGuitars likes this.
  17. RobJGolde

Neshaminy Creek Brewing Co. is hosting the Trenton Punk Rock Flea Market on Saturday, and my gf and I are stopping by before we see John Mulaney that night, and I'm low-key hoping some of the dudes in the band will be hanging out for it.

dylan likes this.
  18. Michael Schmidt

Last I heard, Joe was working at that brewery when he wasn't touring.

dylan likes this.
  19. RobJGolde

Sweet! I've always wanted to ask him about the story behind "Thick As Thieves" haha

20. Michael Schmidt

Before ATP dropped, Joe did a podcast episode with a couple of the more permanent workers at the brewery talking about the band. They mentioned Joe worked there. I guess a few of the people that are involved with that brewery were once in the music scene, so it really makes a lot of sense they partner with the Menzingers and other bands quite a bit.

RobJGolde likes this.
  21. Aj LaGambina

Hey man, we all can't be like you Supporter

Not sure if any of y’all wear an Apple Watch but this is what I’m using as a face. (Inspired by the brushed gold logo Pianos Become The Teeth is using for their socials)

Attached Files:

JRGComedy and JaytotheGee like this.
  22. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Definitely setting this up as one of my watch faces

23. MexicanGuitars

After encouragement in the Thrice thread a week or so ago, I have started my essay on why Mexican Guitars is my favorite song of the decade. I spent an hour and a half on the plane yesterday writing on my iPhone notes and already have 15 paragraphs. Not even halfway done.

Gonna aim to release this when I put my AOTY list up later this month

24. Aj LaGambina

Hey man, we all can't be like you Supporter

I think Burn After Writing and Gates are up there with some of the greatest songs ever written.

Zac Djamoos and dylan like this.
  25. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Casey deserves a place up there as well

JBoch and sean_rugy like this.