Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Menzingers Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, Mar 5, 2016.

1. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

One of the best active rock/punk bands around. Hoping we get a new record this year to add to their already exceptional discography.

So OTIP is already a classic am I right.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  2. Love all of their work, and I'll never get sick of seeing them live.

3. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

probably my favorite band to see live now that BTMI! is dead

4. CoffeeEyes17

The first record isnt for me, but from the EP on theyre gold.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  5. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Such a good band. AP seems to be a tad mixed on Rented World, but I really enjoyed it. Excited for the album.

Heads up, but I saw on the band's Twitter that the drummer is doing an episode for a new podcast called Bright Tanked

6. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Rented World was great. There's a bunch of great albums from this scene I need to revisit soon and these guys' albums are near the top of the list.

7. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

On the Impossible Past has finally been clicking with me over the past week or so. It's always seemed like something I should love, so I'm not sure why it took me so long.

8. Michael Schmidt

Was it because of the vocals? I didn't love either of the vocalists when I first heard the band.

9. Craig Manning

Yeah, I think that was the main reason.

10. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

I dig this band, but I feel fairly confident I'll never like anything of their as much as I love "Casey"

11. Michael Schmidt

I hope they click for both of you guys even more. I like Casey, but I think there more memorable moments than that song. I haven't listened to their first record much, but their last three have aged really well for me.

12. Craig Manning

"Casey" is probably my favorite, but there are a bunch of songs I like a lot on OTIP.

13. Michael Schmidt

Maybe I am in the minority then haha. On that record, it was about middle of the pack for me.

14. I listened to Chamberlain Waits a lot when it came out, but "Casey" is what took them to the next level for me. What a song.

15. George

Trusted Prestigious

Everybody seems to love Casey, which I don't seem to "get" really. It's a fine song, but there's a handful better on ITOP alone. It's talked about in these transcendental terms as though it's head and shoulders above their discography, and I just don't hear that at all.

Even thematically, there are other songs on the album that do a better job of touching on those ideas of youth, wistfulness and America that pop up throughout on the album.

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  16. I still flat out love "Gates."

JRGComedy likes this.
  17. CoffeeEyes17

Yeah that's definitely the best song they've written

18. George

Trusted Prestigious

I'd say Time Tables is probably my favourite song of theirs.

19. That's definitely my favorite on Chamberlain. I'm not even sure why "Casey" stands out so much for me. I don't find it particularly relatable, but it does tell a good story and it's really fun to sing/play along with.

20. CoffeeEyes17

"Time Tables" is def the best on CW. "Rodent" would be my RW pick.

Lindsay M likes this.
  21. George

Trusted Prestigious

Straight to Hell from A Lesson...
    Time Tables from CW
    Gates from OTIP
    In Remission from RW

22. "In Remission" is so good. That album came out a week before I graduated college, and "Maybe the future's just a little bit weird" was playing in my head as I walked across the stage.

JRGComedy and Michael Schmidt like this.
  23. Michael Schmidt

In Remission is so good. Such a fun song to jump around and yell with your friends.

24. CoffeeEyes17

In Remission reminds me of Weezer so much. Love that song. I'll never understand the RW dislike. It isn't as flawless as OTIP, but most things aren't.

25. Michael Schmidt

Agreed. I really enjoy RW. It's my third favorite record, but that has more to do with highly I think about OTIP and CW. Their discography is really good.