Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Menzingers Start Patreon

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The Menzingers have launched a Patreon:

What a hell of a time to be alive. With our best-laid plans smashed to bits and an entire album cycle of touring erased from the calendar, we needed to find new ways to keep this operation runnin’. Thus “From Exile,” a DIY self-recorded revisioning of “Hello Exile,” was born. It was an incredible learning experience and a beautiful way for the four of us to connect albeit from a distance.

We’re at it again, this time launching a Patreon and calling it The Regulars Club. For many people, this was a year of self-reflection and prioritization. We are no exception. We’re taking a deep dive. This is a way for us to stay connected to you guys, to each other, to our music, and to the journey that got us here. There are countless stories we’ve yet to tell. We’ll be telling them here. We’re writing, filming, recording, drawing, and shaping the whole damn thing ourselves.

more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

25 dollars a month to get the b-sides???

3. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

will be interesting to see if this ends up becoming a really popular model for bands. even my favourite band on planet earth would have to do a LOT to justify me subscribing specifically to their content.

4. The_Pioneer

Regular

Yea, i started supporting a few musicians this year, but it’s hard for me unless they are actually offering music and if it’s on the lowest tier. Paying $10-15 for a song a month is hard for me to justify. I just don’t know that other types of content are all that interesting to me. It definitely has to be a combination of a special artists and them offering music that I think is worth paying a premium price for.

cosmickid likes this.
  5. CAC3

Dog

I have to admit, I don't love this model. It is just so expensive month in and month out, even if I just wanted to support my three favorite bands or something. I wish you could individually purchase specific rewards out of Patreon. I'd love to make a one time payment for the song exploder podcast breaking down 'Your Wild Years'. I was more than happy to buy a ticket to the Live from Studio 4 stream and buy some of that merch too.

6. ThumbsUpComics

Dumb guy

I agree with everyone in here - the price is too expensive for a monthly subscription. I much prefer to buy merch or one-time live streams to support these bands. Even if my absolute favorite band started a Patreon at $10+/mo I would probably choose to skip it.

cosmickid and parkerxcore like this.
  7. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

Circa does Patreon the best.

8. lava890

Regular Supporter

I just signed up, so let’s see how it is.

9. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

I've been supporting music since I was like 11. CDs, t-shirts, concerts, vinyl, you name it. I'm now 30 and I can't get behind the Patreon plan. Wishing the the best though!

CAC3 and .K. like this.
  10. MJForumPoster

Regular

One of the selling points of the patreon is first access to vinyl pre-orders, but have they announced any intentions of going back and doing releases for On the Impossible Past?

11. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I do support one artist on Patreon for $5 a month and I get a monthly livestream show and meet and greet after every show. Hours sets, but maybe like a minute meet and greet. It’s pretty cool.

$40 a month gets the monthly show, new demos, and a more intimate monthly coffee chat/meet and greet. I did it once and it was like an hour long. It was cool and now he remembers me everytime he sees me or my name haha

Nick Jagger likes this.