Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Menzingers Record New Album With Will Yip • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 12, 2016.

1. Pale Horses

FTank likes this.
  2. AP_Punk

achin' to be Prestigious

They were on a roll with Matt Alison. Will always be curious what could've been if they continued with him.

/drunkontheimpossiblepast

3. I think Yip has done good on most records. Hell that Turnover album was the best of 2015 imo. I think this will be great

GEM37 likes this.
  4. GEM37

She haunts the roads

I liked I Don't Think It Is. A lot.

There, I said it.

5. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

My expectations are a little lowered now that Yip is producing. He sucks the life out of songs it seems.

6. efp722

Regular

Never could get into these guys. Definitely will give this a try though

7. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

The best of Yip

8. CMilliken

Trusted

Just got into this band. Feel spoiled that I'm getting to hear a new album within the same year I finally listened to their past work.

9. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

The last three albums are fantastic and this band can do no wrong. I don't see The Menzingers going in a boring direction with grungy, mid tempo songs throughout this though Rented World had a slightly grungy feel to me.

10. I've been trying for years to summarize the feeling I get when I find out that Will Yip is behind the board for yet another band I love, and this is it. His records aren't consistently bad but a solid 75% just don't sound very good.

Jason Tate and FTank like this.
  11. What is this other thread? Can you link me?

12. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

There is a "pizza belt"? What in the name of fuck.

13. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I like Will Yip's production on quite a few records, Keep You, Charmer & Peripheral Vision are three of my favourite albums of the last 3/4 years. That said, I don't think he suits this band.

Also, that album title is horrifically bad.

14. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I feel like Yip's production is like this heavy cloud of smog that makes albums impossible to sit through. A lot of what he's done (Turnover, Title Fight, definitely the last Balance Composure record) I enjoyed the first couple tracks and then got exhausted with the records three or four songs in. The sound of his records is super overbearing and flat to me. He doesn't let anything breathe or sound organic, and he stifles a lot of the emotion out of the songs. Keep You is probably the only album he's done that I enjoy.

15. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Well, that Turnover record is one of the two or three things he's worked on that I really love. In general I agree with you though.