Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Menzingers / Jeff Rosenstock / Rozwell Kid Tour • Page 8

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Nah they swapped it with your wild years but instead of closing the main set with it they played it and closed the main set with gates / bad Catholics

2. Collins

Trusted

oh cool i definitely saw you, not sure about your friend. sucks about the phone but i'm glad y'all had fun! that show was such a blast, the band looked so happy on stage

3. Jerihoar

Regular

I checked out Rozwell Kid at this music festival and holy crap did they blow me away! I didnt know any songs but wow they put on an amazing show! Guitarist being playful was the highlight for me. Glad i read this thread and checked them out.

cwhit likes this.
  4. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

best rock band in the world

5. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Pomona setlist

Tellin' Lies
    Asshole
    Nice Things
    Mexican Guitars
    Thick As Thieves
    Good Things
    Burn After Writing
    Midwestern States
    I Was Born
    Rodent
    My Friend Kyle
    After The Party
    House On Fire
    The Obituraries
    Ava House
    The Bars
    Gates
    Bad Catholics

Lookers
    Casey
    In Remission

Show was amazing! I would simply describe Jeff as a ton of fun and the Menz were on top of their game. Loved the ATP songs we didn't get on the Bayside tour and was happy to see such a response to them. Such a positive energy in the room!

6. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

The Cleveland show definitely had the most positive crowd vibe I've felt in awhile

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  7. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

Never heard of Jeff Rosenstock before but he and the band killllllled it tonight. Dammit they were good. Now Menzingers.

pauljgreco and johnnyferris like this.
  8. cwhit

did you miss rozwell kid or anything?

also you've been missing out for years and years and years if you've never heard of jeff

9. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

I did catch Roswell Kid. They were fine. Need to check out some of Jeffs albums now.

Menzingers didn't play Casey. :(((((((

10. m32137

Regular

Last night in Orlando was incredible. The crowd was nuts the whole time. I know I saw at least 2 people get kicked out for fighting, though.

Rozwell Kid blew me away. I've liked their stuff but live they're so much better. And Jeff is such a showman. He had the crowd going the whole time, too.

Menz were extraordinary. So I had been following the setlists of the tour since it started. I noticed they hadn't played Where Your Heartache Exists, which is one of my favorite songs of theirs. On Tuesday I tweeted at them saying I was going through a rough break up and asked if they could play it Friday. I got no response, of course. They have tens of thousands of followers, I know it would've been a long shot that they'd even see it. Well halfway through the set last night, they played it. They didn't say anything before or after, but my jaw dropped and I almost broke down when I heard that opening bass riff. There's a chance it could've been a coincidence, but they made an amazing night even better. Much love to them.

Collins, JBoch, pauljgreco and 3 others like this.
  11. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

That's awesome man. Thanks for sharing that story.

12. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

That post, along with @JaytotheGee 's CW story, has me convinced that they looked at this thread and saw my plight for Mexican Guitars. They only started playing it in Chicago on this tour! haha

13. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Wow, that's so great they played it!

14. jols

Trusted Prestigious

I think it's very likely that they played it because of you. Unless there was someone else who coincidentally asked for it. They've always done their best to fit in requests before shows if they're practical. When I saw them at a small bar in the OTIP era they played all of like 6 songs my friend pestered them about.

m32137 likes this.
  15. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

I think it's cool they just played the song and didn't make a big deal out of it. I get pointing out the requester gives them a moment to hold on to, but it just opens up a backlog down the road on top of requests they already receive. And there is no lame story about how the band doesn't normally play the song or had to re-learn it in an hour. They just did it. The person in this thread was going through some shit and casually asked for the song and they reciprocated. That is awesome. Reason #172 for why this band is fantastic.

JBoch, m32137, cubsml34 and 2 others like this.
  16. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

Anybody selling tickets to Irving Plaza or Brooklyn? I've waited way too long to purchase and now they're both sold out haha

Morgan likes this.
  17. Morgan

Morgan

I may have two tickets to Brooklyn. I accidentally double booked myself and got tickets to FYS in Amityville the same day.

18. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

Let me know what you decide, I'd really appreciate it!

19. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Two days!

20. zack33107

Regular

My friend is looking for one Boston ticket-let me know if you have an extra

21. Scott Siegel

Can anybody that is going snag me the After the Party blue tour variant? I'll throw in some extra money for your troubles.

22. devenstonow

Noobie

I might, but I won't know for sure until the day of.

23. cwhit

this show is going to wear me the fuck out tomorrow

24. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

What?! Did they just get this? That bums me out so hard. Would have definitely grabbed it

25. zack33107

Regular

Thanks! I'll let him know