Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Menzingers / Jeff Rosenstock / Rozwell Kid Tour • Page 6

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Nov 15, 2016.

1. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

I'll be the dude with a shaved head, glasses, and a shitty beard wearing some combination of a black Levi's jacket, green flannel, and/or a yellow Carcass shirt. Feel free to say what's up since I'll be flying solo.

JBoch and cubsml34 like this.
  2. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Last night was so much fun, Charlies Army (played for the first time!) getting swapped in definitely made it 100% worth going twice.

Jeff added I'm Serious I'm Sorry and Pash Rash but dropped Staring Out The Window
    I had a ton of fun, but the drive home was the worst lol

Joe4th likes this.
  3. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

rozwell mention any new album stuff?

gotta bother the dudes at my show

4. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

I'll be very unhappy if Charlie's Army is played instead of Your Wild Years tonight. Charlie's Army is a fun song, but one of the weaker on ATP imo.

Morgan likes this.
  5. JBoch Mar 3, 2017
    (Last edited: Mar 3, 2017)
    JBoch

Trusted Supporter

I'll be in Chicago tonight too. Blue/gray button down over a gray Pinegrove shirt. Hope to see you guys there!

cubsml34 likes this.
  6. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I'm pretty sure they played a new song, but didn't mention anything about a new album

7. cwhit

you're wearing THE shirt!!! you're going to make so many friends

JBoch likes this.
  8. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Nope just played a new song. It was a great song though!

Let me know if you find out any deets.. I was surprised they didn't release a song / announce album before the tour

9. cwhit

yeah i was stunned too, quite the bummer

10. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Show hasn't started and I've already gotten beer spilled on me, good sign of things to come lol

Joe4th likes this.
  11. Morgan

Morgan

I feel the same way. It's my least favorite song

JBoch likes this.
  12. MexicanGuitars

Well folks this was one for the ages. Not only was the crowd phenomenal, the Menz dope, and just rip city in general, the Menz played Mexican Guitars (for me unexpectedly) and I almost fainted and can die a happy man.

THEN, I recognized @natefoundglory and said hi, to which he said, "You're the Mexican Guitars guy!" and my legacy has been cemented and I have again, never been happier.

Maybevictor, Collins, cwhit and 3 others like this.
  13. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yea that was true incredible. I can't say I was the biggest Menzingers fan going in (I liked them a lot, but not on a know every song by heart basis) but I'm leaving saying they are the best pop punk band I've ever seen. Incredible performance, great crowd, the whole vibe in the room was amazing. So happy I was there. Jeff Rosenstock was fantastic too and I hadn't listened to much Rozwell Kids but they were a great opener and I will definitely be checking them out more. Easily the best show I've been too in a while.

JBoch and cubsml34 like this.
  14. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

Yeah this whole lineup was fantastic. Never listened to Rozwell or Jeff and was blown away.

Haha as I said it I was like "shit I hope this is the right guy, or else I'll look like a fool". Pleased to meet you, man, here's to many more Menz shows.

cwhit and cubsml34 like this.
  15. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

Also, Mexican Guitars was great and all, but the loss of Irish Goodbyes and Charlie's Army were not okay with me haha.

16. I literally yelled "holy shit!" when they started that song because I was so excited for you haha

cubsml34 and JBoch like this.
  17. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

WOW FUCK YOU ALL

18. MexicanGuitars

Haha it's much appreciated, hearing it was just as great as I imagined.

Like others have said, Rozwell Kid and Jeff were awesome as well. So stoked that the crowd was so receptive to Rozwell Kid, and even though I've listened to Jeff intermittently, seeing him live made it really click for me.

Does my body ever ache this morning though, oof.

19. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

I'm glad everyone is enjoying this tour. All three bands really make a lot of sense together.

20. MexicanGuitars

Chicago Setlist

Tellin' Lies
    Asshole
    Nice Things
    Mexican Guitars (!!!!!)
    Thick as Thieves
    Good Things
    Burn after Writing
    Bad Catholics
    Rodent
    My Friend Kyle
    After the Party
    House on Fire
    The Obits
    Ava House
    Midwestern States
    Gates
    Your Wild Years

Lookers
    Casey
    In Remission

Aside from my obvious favorite song, I also didn't mind they swapped Your Wild Years for Charlie's Army or Irish Goodbyes. I fully needed every minute of that 3 song break before the encore to recover after going hard in the pit for the previous 14 songs.. Was really surprised how many people knew the Rented World songs as well. The crowd was louder for them than some of the OTIP hits.

Edit: Also, Rozwell Kid was the same as previously posted but they also added Armadillo

21. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

I think Chorus/AP is harder on RW than the rest of their fan base. If I had to guess one song a casual listener would know it would be Asshole. That song was their top search hit for a few years and has some humor to it. Just my general observations over the years. I could be off.

Fronnyfron likes this.
  22. They also played Time Tables before Rodent. [\spoiler]

cubsml34 likes this.
  23. MexicanGuitars

Knew I was forgetting one!

24. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

My favorite part of last night was everyone in the crowd screaming I KNOW SOMEWHERE IN CHICAGOOOOOO

25. devenstonow

Noobie

rightfully so, i'm fairly meh on that record but I would argue Asshole is one of their best songs/definitely better than some of the "filler"(if you can call it that) tracks on ATP (Boy Blue, Black Mass, Charlie's Army)