Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Menzingers - Hello Exile (October 4, 2019) Album • Page 73

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by OhTheWater, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Oh. Nvm. It was delivered today!

2. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

The ending of Last to Know seems like a pretty common swell into the next song.
    :shrug:

Leftandleaving and KidLightning like this.
  3. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Breaking my heart.

4. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

5. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

It is but it’s really fucking loud.

imthesheriff likes this.
  6. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

Anymore I really only find myself enjoying strawberry mansions and strain your memory. Everything else I can take it or leave it :(

7. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

I suppose it is kinda loud now that I listen to it. I guess I didn’t notice til I paid attention!

8. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

The mixing on here is kinda spotty in general. There are moments on Strain Your Memory where, when I have the volume up in my car, the vocals are ear-piercing

9. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Leftandleaving likes this.
  10. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

It’s not that loud, plus it calls your attention to how awesome “Strangers Forever” is about to be.

sonder likes this.
  11. imthegrimace

Nah it’s loud as hell and obnoxious when I’m listening on headphones.

ImAMetaphor likes this.
  12. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Last to Know more like Last Song to Blow my Speakers Out amirite

sonder and imthesheriff like this.
  13. imthegrimace

I only recently started listening to this band so I don’t have the same attachment to some of their albums as everyone else. This one might end up being my favorite. ATP currently is.

14. abw123

Trusted

Me too

o

JRGComedy likes this.
  15. imthegrimace

I can relate way too much to I can’t stop drinking so it hits hard for me.

Doomsday likes this.
  16. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Yeah, unfortunately some of the shine has definitely worn off for me. I still like this, but I’d place it pretty confidently behind the last 3 albums as of right now. I’m probably going to spend some time away from it and then come and reevaluate.

Sybil likes this.
  17. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

“We’re telling tales of revisionist history” is such a subtle, awesome line.

18. 333 GANG

ACAB

Listening to this on repeat while doing some office work today and ooh boy does this album rule. Said it before and I’ll say it again, but there isn’t anything even in the realm of a bad song on this thing.

CAC3, stijn_p and CochleaCocaine like this.
  19. softanimal

It's my mum's dodge caravan

Probably the longest it's taken me to get into a Menzingers album, but it's now really hitting me hard. If After The Party (which is still my favourite album of theirs) was the nostalgic, regretful look back on your past, Hello Exile is the sad, melancholic realisation of what that really means. On first listen I thought this was just more Menzingers by-the-numbers - by no means a bad thing! - but it actually feels like the perfect continuation of what ATP did so well. What a band.

CAC3 likes this.
  20. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Finally did the bracket. Winner was Casey, obvious if youve ever heard me talk about it haha. Final eight was Casey, Mexican Guitars, Rivalries, Strain Your Memory, Gates, Midwestern States, Time Tables, and Strangers Forever.

JBoch and MexicanGuitars like this.
  21. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

Still hard for me to rank this alongside their previous albums which have spent years in my constant rotation, but I will say this is probably their most consistent album since OTIP for me. Not a single track I don't like a lot. Just need more time to work out which ones I love. So at this stage I'd say it's a better version of Rented World and slot it in third behind OTIP and ATP, two of my favourite albums ever.

TJ Wells and CarpetElf like this.
  22. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Yeah, if ATP was the "grown up" OTIP, then this is that other side of Rented World.

TJ Wells and waking season like this.
  23. 333 GANG

ACAB

The chorus to Strain Your Memory is never not stuck in my head. Might be one of their strongest ever

24. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

JBoch, JaytotheGee and MexicanGuitars like this.
  25. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

All the Rented World comparisons made me go back to that album and I feel like i’m enjoying it more than I used to. Love Rodent.

333 GANG and MattNCheeze like this.