Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Menzingers - Hello Exile (October 4, 2019) Album • Page 34

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by OhTheWater, Mar 27, 2019.

1. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Joey Sturgis.

2. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

John Feldmann

josh- and JaytotheGee like this.
  3. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I really don't have a favourite producer so I'll say it's whoever produced Gouge Away's album from last year

MexicanGuitars likes this.
  4. cherrywaves

Trusted

Would kill to hear a Bill Stevenson Menzos record

ECV, tomtom94 and MexicanGuitars like this.
  5. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

6. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

The other day I was just thinking my favorite producer has to be Jerry Finn and how much I would watch a documentary about his work.

moore182 and HatingEveryMinute like this.
  7. MexicanGuitars likes this.
  8. America is a great song, can't stop listening

9. Jim

Trusted Supporter

They announced a Chicago date; 10/26 @ Concord

10. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Six weeks.

CoffeeEyes17, sonder and Donnie Ruth like this.
  11. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Production issues have irritated me less and less lately, especially in the car. Going to be a great driving album.

12. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

I agree, Menzingers seem to always sound the best while driving.

jkauf likes this.
  13. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

I get what y’all are saying about the vocals but I kinda like it

dylan and KidLightning like this.
  14. I want this band to walk into the studio where Handwritten was recorded, use all the same gear and settings, and have the same team mix and master it

15. Dog Fish

Mutt

question for the recording scholars - if a producer's main role is to help get the artist's vision to tape, is it possible for the the mix/mastering dude (usually done by someone else right?) to undo all that work?

sonder likes this.
  16. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Yes.

Read up on The Replacements' album Don't Tell a Soul. Mixer went in and absolutely drenched every track in 80s reverb.

sonder likes this.
  17. CAC3

Dog

Yes. This.

18. Listened to them all the way through a drive from Minneapolis to Milwaukee lol

Kross likes this.
  19. Dog Fish

Mutt

so why does the producer get so much credit? are mixers like unsung heroes? Or typically do they do very little? Just minor adjustments?

sonder likes this.
  20. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Producers generally have a lot more creative say. A lot of times bands will even write in the studio, so the producer is usually present for that process.

Mixers are at the very end of the process usually after the entire album has been recorded. Very rarely are things added during this part.

sonder likes this.
  21. tomtom94

Trusted

Put it this way, it's unlikely a good mixer will save a bad record, but a bad mixer can easily fuck up a good one.

JRGComedy likes this.
  22. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

I love the fact that Will Yip gets Vince Ratti to mix a lot of his stuff now, Vince was the guitarist and mastermind behind Zolof The Rock & Roll Destroyer and did tons of recordings for Philly artists back in the day. (He recorded Anthony Greens early High & Driving stuff I believe and also like his auditions for Saosin which he sent out to Cali which would later become Translating The Name material.. He also mixed Brand New's last album but I know mentioning BN is like summoning a demon in these parts.)

23. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Oh here's the thread

24. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

This band perfectly soundtracks summer drives for me and look here they come again to drop an album right as the Aussie summer approaches thanks fellas

25. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Missed this yesterday. Seven weeks.

Donnie Ruth likes this.