Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Menzingers - Hello Exile (October 4, 2019) Album • Page 26

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by OhTheWater, Mar 27, 2019.

1. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Im a huge fan of Rodent and Where You’re Heartache Exists.

2. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

Your Wild Years, Mexican Guitars, Livin' ain't easy, Gates, In Remission, Hearts Unknown, The Obituaries, Tellin' Lies.. Those have to be my top.

And even that was just currently. So hard to choose top Menzinger songs...

MexicanGuitars and AFoolsGlory like this.
  3. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Am I crazy or did people not dig ATP for a while? I feel like people were really underwhelmed initially. But it’s a huge grower.

4. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I feel like it was the total opposite and everyone loved it immediately

5. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I loved it. Maybe I’m remembering wrong but I remember seeing a lot of posts on here disliking it. Or at least saying “oh they lost it.”

6. 333 GANG

ACAB

Yeah, this is how I remember it. I was floored by it out of the gate.

Donnie Ruth likes this.
  7. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

In retrospect I may be just remembering the Av club review and how much it infuriated me

Donnie Ruth and 333 GANG like this.
  8. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Also by the way ... the show tonight was FUCKING great, as always. Anna received a tremendous reaction.

They are just so good live and after seeing them like 7 or 8 times it gets better and better.

sonder, popdisaster00 and JRGComedy like this.
  9. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Pretty sure ATP was beloved immediately. On this site, at least.

10. ImAMetaphor Jul 21, 2019
    (Last edited: Jul 21, 2019)
    ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

I listened to OTIP through ATP consecutively on the drive to Chicago yesterday, and I have to say, my energy really picked up when ATP came on. OTIP is the “classic” Menzos record to me, but ATP is the band writing their catchiest and most grabbing music.

11. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

It’s strange thinking I didn’t love OTIP when I first heard it, I think it leaked super early and I was pretty underwhelmed by it at first and then by a few listens it became a top 5 of all time for me

RW I also don’t think I loved immediately but ATP I did for sure and Chamberlain

12. MFA

See you in hell, or see you when I see you. Prestigious

I think it leaked a few days after they released Thick as Thieves, don't quote me on that though

13. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

ATP leaked like the week of release which wasn't bad, OTIP and RW both did like 6 weeks early which is a huge bummer

14. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

The RW leak I remember being sooooooooooo early I felt so bad for them.

15. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

Yeah my broke ass immediately pirated lol. I’ve since bought it on vinyl though

Donnie Ruth likes this.
  16. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Oh same. I remember being in my dorm sophomore year and it was like 2 am and I was like "HOLY SHIT IT LEAKED MUST LISTEN NOW." Which I was drunk and I hardly remember my first listen lol

sonder and Gnarly Charlie like this.
  17. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

God I love Anna

18. LosManosFuertes

Love This Place Supporter

So I know that this has probably been discussed, but why are album roll outs so long these days? Like 3 months seems excessive, but I know nothing so here we are haha. I just don't like waiting.

19. My guess is vinyl pressing time. They give themselves leeway so that they can have vinyl on day 1. But that's just a somewhat shot in the dark (although I have a friend who's signed to Fearless and they said something similar).

20. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

Are they long though? I've wondered about this before. I mean, today we're so connected and can follow bands/members on their IG pages and see what they're doing. 15-20 years ago we couldn't really do that so I never got a sense of how long rollouts were taking. It always came as a surprise. Or maybe it's just me, but I lived in rural midwest and had little access to internet.

21. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Been two weeks and still no word re: Culture Abuse

Shrek and dylan like this.
  22. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Saw them last week as well and it was so much fun. Place went bonkers for After The Party.

JaytotheGee and Donnie Ruth like this.
  23. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Stoked for tomorrow!

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  24. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Pull a Ben and jump off the awning tomorrow. Don't be soft.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  25. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Ready to die!

Michael Schmidt likes this.