Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Menzingers - Hello Exile (October 4, 2019) Album • Page 24

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by OhTheWater, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Not that good ≠ bad

2. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

if thats the case then that definitely wasnt that much of a hot take, youre right lol

Jake W likes this.
  3. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

CW isn't that good, I like time tables and that's about it.

y2jayjk likes this.
  4. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

i have no idea why I Was Born was their live staple for that record for years.

dylan likes this.
  5. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

I was born is the easy best song on there so that’s probably why

6. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

CW still has some of their best songs. It certainly isn’t bad, just has some weak spots

Jake W likes this.
  7. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I got into SLS because I initially was reminded of the Menzingers. I now can tell the differences because I've dived into the album and spent a lot of time with it, but yes there is a similarity there. Excited to see how SLS can progress. They were great when I saw them last Friday and the band was incredibly nice.

333 GANG likes this.
  8. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

I got into them right when Chamberlain Waits came out so that’s probably why I love it so much.

9. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Please my heart can't take CW slander

10. J12

Trusted Supporter

The Menzingers have been on my radar for a while now, I've seen them as an opener a few times, never really got into them that much.

I absolutely love "Anna." Does anyone have any recommendations on where to start with them if the few random songs I've heard over the years haven't ever stuck with me, but this song does?

11. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Mexican Guitars

JimmyIymmiJ, y2jayjk and Brother Beck like this.
  12. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Every time I listen to CW I enjoy the first half of the album and lose interest quickly after that (with the exception of the title track)

13. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i don't even think i've ever even listened to "Lesson In Abuse" but I have it in my library.

14. 333 GANG

ACAB

Revisited RW today: I think there’s 7 great or at least well above average tracks on there, and the rest are just okay.

Jake W likes this.
  15. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Lookers, After the Party, Tellin’ Lies, Casey, Mexican Guitars, In Remission, I Don't Wanna Be An Asshole Anymore, Your Wild Years, Thick As Thieves, Gates, Sun Hotel.

Oddly enough I realized I just picked 99% Greg tracks unintentionally, but I think this is a decent 12 to start with.

I think After the Party is the most approachable album and has the same producer as Anna ... so album wise I’d go there.

16. 333 GANG

ACAB

Casey and Lookers are probably the safest bets.

17. Jake W

If you don't want to scream the Casey lyrics when drinking beer then you're either not human or you don't drink beer

sonder, Doomsday, Contender and 6 others like this.
  18. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

confirmed

Jake W and Donnie Ruth like this.
  19. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

where your heartache exists is probably my favorite song by them, besides maybe transient love

20. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Here’s a hot take, Casey isn’t that good

21. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Love Casey but I will concede it's not entirely a Menz song as Greg asked to borrow some of the lyrics from a local PA band IIRC.

22. Jake W

What's it feel like being this wrong

23. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Burn After Writing and Sculptors and Vandals are my two favorites from On the Impossible Past, maybe my two favorite Menzingers songs.

Maybevictor and Leftandleaving like this.
  24. Jake W

Top 5 on OTIP are the first 3 songs, Casey and I can't seem to tell

waking season likes this.
  25. Jake W

But the rest of the album is perfect too