Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Menzingers Fall Tour Tour • Page 3

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by JaytotheGee, Jul 13, 2017.

1. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

All the reactions have been good when I've seen them. House on Fire kind of kills a vibe for the crowd it seems which is odd because I think that's a great song especially live.

I saw them open with Your Wild Years back in July and the crowd was definitely receptive but then as soon as Tellin Lies started it was fine. Just a weird song to open with I guess

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  2. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, House On Fire is one of my favorites but I'm not surprised because most Tom songs don't receive a great reaction unfortunately. Still excited to hear it regardless. Tellin Lies should definitely be the opener for this albums touring cycle.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  3. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Plus its been out long enough that I think people have had more than enough time to listen to it. I'm excited to hear most of the songs off of it, but just as excited for the old ones. It's my fourth time seeing them, first for my girlfriend. They really latched onto her like a fishhook.

4. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

As I said in another thread, Burn and Nice Things had the biggest pit reactions of all the Menz songs at Riot Fest. House on Fire was a pretty good reaction as well. TaT was pretty subdued,

5. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

They debuted Living Ain’t Easy in Philly two weeks ago!

JaytotheGee and cubsml34 like this.
  6. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Setlist.fm says they played the cubsml34 anthem (Mexican Guitars) as the sole encore at their Flagstaff, AZ show and that makes me so happy

7. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Pretty cool to see they played "Who's Your Partner."

koryoreo and TylerCrouse like this.
  8. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I've been watching old live videos of them and holy shit, when it comes to awful crowds, it looks like they used to take the cake. Who the fuck jumps into crowds like that? You're liable to break someone's nose, if you don't break your fucking neck.

9. GraveDigger

Trusted Prestigious

They had a pretty annoying crowd at Riot Fest. Two pretty big guys were smushing my girlfriend against the guy on the barricade AFTER the set was over. She told them to knock it off and they said "it's not going to stop." I had to literally pull her out. Real tough guys, I tell ya.

10. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I've found that the middle is my ideal spot for shows at 30. most of the people are just having a good time and singing along. Front is too insane and the back is usually just sad.

11. GraveDigger

Trusted Prestigious

I'm usually barricade if I get lucky or on the side somewhere. I'm turning into a balcony guy, though lol.

12. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

I can't go tomorrow :tear: Fuck the Pac-12 for scheduling every game at night this season!

13. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Do you work for the stadium or something?

14. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

No, season ticket holder. I already missed one game this season for a show, I don't want to miss another. Was hoping they would start it earlier so I could double-dip, but alas...

15. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Stoked for this tonight! Feeling kind of like garbage, but wouldn't miss this for the world.

JaytotheGee and jjnunn118 like this.
  16. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

It will be my 5th time seeing them this year but I'm extremely excited for Saturday

Contender likes this.
  17. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Menzingers have crowd mics set up tonight, so maybe there's a live something coming?

18. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Yeah, if I was going to the Akron date, that'd be my 5th time too. Probably the most I've seen any band in one year's time. Same with Turnstile once I see them in December.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  19. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

WHere are they? I don’t see them.

20. jjnunn118

I'm against the stage on the left side of the venue and it's literally pointing right at me

cubsml34 likes this.
  21. jjnunn118 Oct 8, 2017
    (Last edited: Oct 8, 2017)
    jjnunn118

Setlist posted on stage

Tellin Lies
    Asshole
    House on Fire
    Obits
    Thick As Thieves
    Good Things
    Burn After
    Bad Catholics
    Heartache
    Partner
    After The Party
    My Friend Kyle
    Nice Things
    Casey
    Charlie's Army (Boy Blue was written on the setlist but got switched out)
    Gates
    Lookers

Encore:
    I Won't Back Down
    Irish Goodbyes
    In Remission

22. TMS2787

Trusted

No Rodent
    In Remission
    -
    Mexican Gutiars
    ?

23. clucky

Trusted Supporter

At least at the Seattle show

No Rodent or Mexican Guitars but In Remission was the last song in the encore (alongside a Wont Back Down cover and Deep Sleep)

24. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

FUCKING CHARLIES ARMYYYY THEY PLAYED IT

cubsml34 and clucky like this.
  25. clucky

Trusted Supporter

aww man that is the one song (save deep cuts off Lesson or Chamberlain Waits that I never have any expectations of getting) I really wanted them to play they didn't play in Seattle (don't get me wrong. was still a great show. but could've done with a few more new songs and a few less songs off OTIP)