Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Menzingers Debut Two New Songs Live

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

They sound great.

bptky likes this.
  3. AVanMill17

Regular

Are these new? I thought they were from the St Patty's Day release this year?

4. SayHello

Regular

I'm really liking these! More of a pop-rock vibe to them than Rented World.

5. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

These are really good. I usually don't like listening to new songs for the first time as live youtube videos but they are such a solid live band that I don't mind at all.

6. CAC3

Dog

Rented World never really clicked with me. On the Impossible Past is an all-time classic that hits all the emotional highs and lows for me. Really hoping I connect with the new record.

Steeeve Perry likes this.
  7. WetwithSharp

and a little jingle...

On the Impossible Past destroys my fucking world. So....perfect, such a classic.

These new tracks sound legit. Kind of a bummer "Bad Catholics" isnt going to be on the album haha!

bptky likes this.
  8. joshuaharris

These make me very happy.

9. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

I know it's not very popular to say in this community, but I actually enjoyed the Tom song more of the two this time around. Makes total sense that Greg's song won't be on the album.

10. jorbjorb

7 rings

sound pretty bad

11. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

I liked them both, but agree that Tom's track is better, which I am surprised by. Sounds like "I was there when the wall fell down" may be a nod to "Nice Things", but didn't pay enough attention to the surrounding lyrics to know for sure. This record can't come soon enough.

12. JWard

Yes.

That would be two very different songs that you are thinking of.

13. JWard

Yeah, the first one especially sounds like they've entered Menzingers mad-lib territory. Kinda like what happened wit Gaslight Anthem.

The second one is just awful and boring.

jorbjorb likes this.
  14. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

The St. Paddy's release was comprised of two covers and the band sounded incredibly intoxicated on both of them lol

bptky likes this.
  15. bptky

check out Musica - Akron's best live music venue

Completely agree with you for On the Impossible Past. However, I think Rented World was a great and solid album. It had to be very difficult for them to follow up an album like OTIP, but I can't say that Rented World was lacking in any department. Whether it'll be the split EP or new album that comes out first, I'm just excited to hear studio versions of these two new songs.

16. Rico Suave

I like Rented World for the most part. But I can't deny that the only song most folks actually remember from that album is the opening track.

What I would really love is to hear something more akin to Chamberlain Waits and Hold On Dodge. But I view that unlikely at this point and feel this album will be considered a disappointment as Rented World.

17. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

Rented World was good but not great. And OTIP was so far beyond great that the follow up seemed disappointing. But Asshole and In Remission are two of their best songs.