Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Menzingers - After the Party (February 3, 2017) Album • Page 150

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, May 12, 2016.

1. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

Oh my god. The greatest shirt of all time

Attached Files:

2. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

released 6 years ago today. give it a birthday spin.

3. LosManosFuertes

Love This Place Supporter

Still holds up. Pretty damn close to a perfect album.

4. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

Holds strong as my second favourite behind OTIP, and that may be driven by sentimentality.

Steeeve Perry likes this.
  5. LosManosFuertes

Love This Place Supporter

Those are just impossible (yuck yuck) to compare.

They both just encapsulate a specific feeling so well. OTIP being young and reckless and ATP on growing up and being forced to move on. Right in the feels.

anotherpancake likes this.
  6. It’s still their best

ScubaSteve182 likes this.
  7. Chcurry182

Trusted Supporter

Not too long after this album came out my friend and I went on mini road trip from Phoenix to LA. On the way back to Phoenix we played this album on repeat, basically the whole ride. Especially Your Wild Years. We kept starting it over when it was close to ending.

This album is the soundtrack to a lot of good memories but driving through the desert with my best friend, windows down, music up is one that I'll hold 'til eternity, cause the future ain't coming for it.

8. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

I almost missed my flight home to Australia from America just to pick this up from Amoeba. Had to run down Sunset Blvd to meet the waiting cab. As soon as the opener kicked into gear I knew it had been worth the stress. I loved OTIP and was lukewarm on RW. ATP was The Menzingers back at their absolute peak.

9. ScubaSteve182

Regular

This is the Menz at their peak

10. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I wish I could go back and listen to this again for the first time haha, these were my first reactions posted.

This album has probably vaulted up there to be one of my favorite albums of all time.

11. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I still listen to that album a lot and one line that never ceases to really shock me to my core every time is “I was there when the wall fell down, I’ll be there when the ocean rises”. I’m not sure I ever heard a more succinct and devastating line to describe my generation lol

12. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Tom gets a lifetime pass from me for that one line

13. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

“Building castles with can and bottles / drinking like they do in novels”

One my favorite Tom lyrics

14. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

Finally got this one on vinyl yesterday, go to give it a spin and the record skips all the way through Telling Lies.

upload_2023-2-4_15-25-27.gif

15. AP_Punk

achin' to be Prestigious

Cheers to six years of my favorite Menzingers album (followed by Exile and Impossible Past).