Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Menzingers - After the Party (February 3, 2017) Album • Page 148

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, May 12, 2016.

1. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Love this lyric

.K. likes this.
  2. FrankieThe4th

things have never been stranger Prestigious

Livin' Ain't Easy fucking rules. Love when they tap into that Rented World wavelength.

Gnarly Charlie and .K. like this.
  3. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

I love all their albums but I think I overplayed the hell out of ATP lol

4. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

ATP is the dramatic final scene of the movie, Livin' Ain't Easy is what plays as the credits roll

5. LosManosFuertes

Love This Place Supporter

To me After the Party always felt like a dream/memory and Livin' felt like waking up.

FTank likes this.
  6. but they're always outta c-c-c-c-coffeeee

Elder Lightning and DrawYourMind like this.
  7. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Love this

sonder and JBoch like this.
  8. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I’m in the ATP-should-be-last camp but I like this

LosManosFuertes likes this.
  9. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

[​IMG]

AWasteOfATime, sonder and JBoch like this.
  10. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Livin ain’t easy is good epilogue.

11. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

Livin Aint Easy reminds me of the day my childhood house got auctioned off and my mom saw who the neighbors really were. Realfeels.

LosManosFuertes likes this.
  12. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

It seems like for a lot of people ATP is now THE Menzingers record. I can't argue, although personally OTIP is still number one, just that bit more consistent and the highs are just as high.
    Hello Exile has fallen out of my rotation but is still third, the only record of theirs where I really like every single song. Just that none of them quite reach the highs of their best work. Like a full album of A- and B+ tunes, which is still an amazing acievement.

13. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

Yeah, ATP is my favorite, but OTIP is their best, imho.

14. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

OTIP is their best and my favorite, but ATP is like on it's heels uncomfortably close

15. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I don’t think there’s too much separation between the records for me. I listen to HE to Camberlain fairly often. I just find front to back and extending era ATP is my favourite.

alkalinexandy likes this.
  16. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I think OTIP would be the defining record, but ATP is their best. Win win either way I guess because both could stack their claim.

17. jols

Trusted Prestigious

OTIP is sorta buried on Spotify (i.e. Top Songs, Popular Releases), I was very surprised to see that recently

alkalinexandy likes this.
  18. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I kinda feel like the two records are neck and neck in terms of objective song quality, and the way people feel about it tends to be based on their emotional response to the records. If that makes sense.

But it's definitely between OTIP and ATP.

.K. likes this.
  19. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

I can pick a few songs off each of the albums since OTIP as reasons why each album is their best but I lean toward Exile as the best.

.K. and alkalinexandy like this.
  20. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

All these opinions are good and valid. It’s nice having bands who write consistently good records.

Gnarly Charlie likes this.
  21. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

ATP has my fav Tom songs and is def my fav

22. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I think The Freaks may be my favourite Tom song.

johnnyferris and anotherpancake like this.
  23. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

The Freaks is def my fav Tom song - i think Tom's HE songs are way stronger than ATP's. I only really love The Bars. Boy Blue is alright.

24. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

I only casually listened before ATP so it’s hard to be subjective when that’s the first album that really grabbed my attention.

25. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i'm in the same boat in regard to ATP being my first Menz album that i really paid attention to, but after going back i was completely knocked over by OTIP (and still am) hah

sonder likes this.