Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Menzingers - After the Party (February 3, 2017) Album • Page 145

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, May 12, 2016.

1. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Probably the only flaw I have with this album is After the Party wasn’t the closer. It just feels lyrically right, plus the fade out.

And I suppose if that’s the big flaw I’ve got, it’s a killer album.

johnnyferris and waking season like this.
  2. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I don’t like the fade out but agree it would’ve made the perfect closer

3. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

After The Party could work as the closer, but I love the song Livin Ain't Easy. It's too good to just lose. You could always flip them around.

MexicanGuitars likes this.
  4. c-c-c-c-coffeeee

jorbjorb likes this.
  5. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Like gettin’ stoned when we wake up
    coffee grounds and coffee cups

Forever in my head

LosManosFuertes likes this.
  6. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

Listened to this last night at work as I was cleaning up, I constantly forget how much I enjoy this record. Day off today so I'll probably run through their discography while playing vidya or something

LosManosFuertes likes this.
  7. LosManosFuertes

Love This Place Supporter

Dude. All the feels hit me when that video came out.

Haha this is a fair compromise. I've barely forgiven myself for the nuclear take of After the Party being the best, TBH. Part of me can't believe I named a song not on OTIP their best...feels wrong but I gotta stand by it.

AWasteOfATime likes this.
  8. LosManosFuertes

All things said, I still get just the best feeling when I hear the drumsticks hit on Good Things. Instantly takes me back to the first time I hear that record. Still amazing.

seimagery and pauljgreco like this.
  9. nickdr921

Regular

When are we getting a new album though

10. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

My guess is Summer 2019. If we're unlucky Fall 2019

11. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

id say a year from now is a decent bet. especially bands that are tour machines like these guys. but ATP got pushed back like significantly, i think it was done and ready like the fall before it came out but was delayed until feb. Sooo......ya never know.

12. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Lots of albums get delayed these days due to vinyl plant schedules. It just depends how bands handle that. Some like Alkaline Trio just release the album and then ship the vinyl when it’s ready and some like the Menz waited to have it all ready at the same time. Same label, different strategies. Also, some bands are more transparent in interviews or social media as to how far in the recording process they are.

13. LosManosFuertes

Piggybacking on the @Michael Schmidt The first post on this thread was from May 2016 and the record didn't come out until Feb 2017. Regardless of when we get the new record, I can't take a roll out that long haha. But it seems like they go about 2 years in between records (there was three between Rented World and After the Party) so I think 2019 is semi-reasonable. They have tours through November listed, so they would have to record this winter/spring for that to happen most likely.

14. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Went and did a thing to cement how much I love this band

15. Michael Schmidt

That's actually pretty cool whip shading. Was that your idea or the person doing it?

16. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

theirs. We discussed it and came up with some ideas to make it a bit more interesting and settled on that.

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  17. MFA

See you in hell, or see you when I see you. Prestigious

Oh shit that's called whip shading? I use that all the time when I do art and never knew that had a specific name hah

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  18. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

coming back to this album hard right now
    hits right in the feels

19. Michael Schmidt

I have a few friends that are traditional tattoo artists and then another trying to break in to the traditional world and that’s what they call it.

MFA likes this.
  20. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I was supposed to see The Menzingers open for Frank Turner tomorrow. Just realized they must have dropped off the tour for their own. I’m crushed. I bought Tickets because that combo was perfect for a fine evening of listening. Just crushed.

21. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

That’s a bummer. Frank won’t let you down though. Who knows, he may even cover a song of theirs. Ya never know! I feel like he does that kind of thing haha.

22. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

They were only on the tour for half of or one full leg. Frank rotated several of the openers throughout the tour.

waking season likes this.
  23. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

When th tickets were sold it was for Frank headlong and Menzingers and Lucero opening. There wasn’t any indicator Menzingers wouldn’t be playing tonight, and I’m only disappointed because I was equally excited to see both since it’s feels like a perfect match.

Frank will be great I’m sure. I just don’t know the opening bands. It’s cool to see new bands. I’ve just now won’t have seems menzigers live yet (and I know they’d be good live).

24. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Frank Turner and the Menzingers might easily be my top 2 favorites to see live. Menzingers maybe first. I’m sorry you aren’t seeing them.

When he announced his previous tour the Menzingers were opening every show UNTIL the Boston shows. So I didn’t get to see both. Luckily, Menzingers love Boston and will be playing in Novemember but still I feel your pain.

25. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

I know your pain — I would be pretty irritated w/ whoever you purchased the ticket through, since they didn’t provide the correct info.

Trust me though—Frank puts on a hell of a show, and if the crowd is into it, you’ll walk away satisfied :thumbup:

waking season likes this.