Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Menzingers - After the Party (February 3, 2017) Album • Page 144

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, May 12, 2016.

1. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

i didnt give this album enough credit when it first came out. its perfect.

LosManosFuertes and pauljgreco like this.
  2. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

This album feels way older than a year and a half. I've listened to this hundreds of times and it's still just as good each time.

ECV, BKO5950505, leerkat and 2 others like this.
  3. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

It still bangs

pauljgreco likes this.
  4. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Can I feel this album as a 21 year old looking back on my teens or is that cheating

Mrplum5089 and pauljgreco like this.
  5. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I just turned 26 and I definitely view it as a look back at my early 20's and university and so on. It's pretty good for general nostalgia.

pauljgreco likes this.
  6. kupe

Regular

I change the lyric to "where am I gonna go now half my 20's are over" and it works like a charm

JaytotheGee and SamLevi11 like this.
  7. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

can confirm album still rips like it did day 1

8. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

I really love about 80% of it - it has a few tracks I skip but the best moments I think are some of the best in Menzingers' discography.

9. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Charlie's Army, Black Mass, & Boy Blue are the only songs on the album that I'm not crazy about, though I still do like the songs. This album is unique in that it starts off strong, trails off in the middle (IMO), and then picks you back up and throws you into the fire at the end. Livin' Ain't Easy is an excellent closer.

10. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I still listens to this quite often. Toy Soldiers and the Covers EP makes this successful album in my books

11. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Perfect album still front to back

MexicanGuitars likes this.
  12. owenlongsworth

Regular

I still can’t find the Covers EP anywhere online. Someone help me out.

13. terps12

Regular

I actually like Black Mass much more than I thought I would. I'd switch out Black Mass for House on Fire, but otherwise agree. A 13 song album is somewhat less common these days, so I could have seen cutting Charlie's Army or Boy Blue and releasing them as the B-sides to Bad Catholics and Lookers.

I feel like the Menzingers have sorta reached the peak of what they can do in this genre with ATP and OTIP. I'm genuinely curious what direction they're going to pursue on their next album.

14. leerkat

relentlessly nosy bastard

sent you a message

15. terps12

Regular

If possible, can you forward that "message" over here as well?

16. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

[​IMG]

17. LosManosFuertes

Love This Place Supporter

After the Party might just be the best song they've ever written in my opinion. The guitar riff is catchy, the lyrics and imagery are pretty much OTIP, but like more focused and more picturesque in a lot of ways, and the feeling is just spot on. It just slays. The record is definitely a spiritual successor to OTIP and somehow they managed to capture that timeless feeling again. Okay, stop me before I gush more.

18. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I'm on board with this

LosManosFuertes and Mrplum5089 like this.
  19. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

+1

LosManosFuertes likes this.
  20. LosManosFuertes

Love This Place Supporter

Haha thanks for the support. This is the last record I really "tailgated" for. I had just listened to OTIP and started to love it when I heard Lookers and immediately I was on board. The roll out was criminally long, but it was fucking worth it the first time I heard it.

21. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

If Mexican Guitars didn’t exist I wouldn’t stop you but unfortunately I’m contractually obligated to via my username

LosManosFuertes likes this.
  22. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

also the music video for it is a perfect portrayal of a young relationship and makes me wanna cry whenever I watch it which is frequently

LosManosFuertes and Mrplum5089 like this.
  23. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

24. rbsfeatures

Regular

I agree re: After the Party song. It's their best imo. So good, from start to finish.

25. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Re: Black Mass

One of the best Menz songs ever