Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Menzingers - After the Party (February 3, 2017) Album • Page 114

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, May 12, 2016.

1. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Is anyone willing to share The Menzingers Covers EP?

2. Aj LaGambina

Hey man, we all can't be like you Supporter

I second this request

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  3. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I refuse to believe the covers EP exists. No way it's just been kept under the wraps this long

cherrywaves and Zac Djamoos like this.
  4. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

I've been trying to wait patiently for it. I would be totally willing to buy a copy if it was made available. I just want to hear those covers, especially Billy Joel.

5. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Wish it'd get thrown up on bandcamp or something.

6. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

It's definitely a bit odd but I love getting out of a show and being home by 11 on a Friday.

7. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Anyone at the show tonight?

8. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Saw these guys in a really small room last night and it was pretty amazing. Also they played boy blue for the first time live

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  9. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Setlist is really solid. Excited to see them next week

10. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Whoa, they just added boy blue to the setlist? That's one of Tom's best songs imo

11. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

If they play that and The Bars next week then I've seen every track off ATP besides Black Mass and Livin' Aint Easy but I don't expect those to be played unless they are playing it in full or something.

Really really stoked about Rivalries I will be really bummed if they don't play it lol

12. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

The Bars is Tom's best song not named Burn After Writing. Livin' Ain't Easy is also pretty great too.

teebs41 likes this.
  13. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I love The Bars and think it'd be pretty cool to see. I also really like Livin' Aint Easy but I can't imagine them playing it

CarpetElf likes this.
  14. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

Love that they're opening with Wild Years and including Rivalries. Fingers crossed for the same set next Friday at Bell's.

Aj LaGambina, cubsml34 and CarpetElf like this.
  15. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Wild Years is awesome but I definitely think Tellin Lies is a better opener

cubsml34 and CarpetElf like this.
  16. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Me if the Menz play Rivalries at Riot Fest.

[​IMG]

JaytotheGee and JBoch like this.
  17. MexicanGuitars

Agreed, they closed the main part of the set with Your Wild Years on the spring tour and I thought it was really fitting. The onslaught of Tellin Lies into Asshole was just a savage, untoppable way to the open the show.

CarpetElf likes this.
  18. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yes agreed. Back on the Rented World Tour they went Asshole into Good Things/Burn into In Remission which I don't think they could possibly ever top

Also they closed with Wild Years at the first date I went to and Charlies Army at the second and I thought both were great closers

19. MexicanGuitars

I like In Remission as the closer better, and since they always wrap up the encore with it now I think they recognize this too. Having Nice Things and Mexican Guitars follow Tellin Lies/Asshole as more "mid-set" vibe songs and then going into Good Things/Burn felt like the opening portion of the set was everlasting, in the best possible way haha.

teebs41 likes this.
  20. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Oh I 100% agree I think In Remission is the best closer they have. Obituaries is a great one too but they seem to have permanently changed that which I'm fine with

21. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Uhm....

22. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

lol

23. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Good for them, should get some new fans.

24. jols

Trusted Prestigious

dang

25. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

This is the kind of tour that does nothing but help extend the lifetime of the band