Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Menzingers - After the Party (February 3, 2017) Album • Page 113

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, May 12, 2016.

1. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I hate the bridge on Nothing Feels Good but other than that it's one of my favorites. My Friend Kyle is one of my favorite Tom songs. Really glad the band keeps that one in rotation. They need more Chamberlain though haha.

Duuude, Dizzy is my favorite Jimmy Eat World song too. Was really hoping they'd play it live. Maybe they'll do a Chase This Light tour, who knows.
    And yeah, I agree. I think it just depends on how you lead up to it. Handcuffs is perfect both in the sense that it closes the album out thematically and it's just a really good sounding track after the last few songs. I don't even know what I'd have close the album otherwise.

sophos34 likes this.
  2. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

i saw dizzy live on the invented spring tour!

CarpetElf likes this.
  3. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

They played Work, so that was cool. I was kind of hoping they'd do 23 or Pol Roger. Maybe some day.

sophos34 likes this.
  4. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

i saw 23 on the fall integrity blues tour!!! haha. oh and uhh also at the futures 10 tour. what a band.

5. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

This was my first time seeing them. Definitely won't be the last time. Super jealous haha.

sophos34 likes this.
  6. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

i wanted to see pol roger so bad but oh well. you with me is not only one of the best songs ever but definitely one of their best live songs ever.

sophos34 likes this.
  7. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

i was going nuts last fall when they opened with you with me and no one else knew it haha

JRGComedy likes this.
  8. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Oh man I'd love to see that. The only one that confused me as Futures. I like the song but there's so much I'd want to hear above it and I didn't think it was one of their bigger songs.

9. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

haha same here. except they opened with get right and slotted ywm somewhere in the middle of the set. it was fucking great though.

sophos34 likes this.
  10. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

damn thats one of my favorites, i used to jam that shit on both guitar and drums (not at the same time mind you). its just a really fun but really simple riff that's huge

CarpetElf likes this.
  11. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Don't get me wrong, I really like the song, I just didn't realize it was a single haha. I love that entire album so calling Futures one of my least favorites off the record doesn't mean too much. I'd have lost my shit for Polaris.

12. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

@JaytotheGee so jealous of that Musica show. Figures after they move they decide to roll on through. Rock Island, IL is basically Iowa and I'm not going out there haha. Sucks for me.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  13. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I'm seeing them 3 nights in a row next weekend. Holy shit.

teebs41 and cubsml34 like this.
  14. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Oh yeah? Well, hear me out.

Fuck you.

EmmanuelSCastle and Donnie Ruth like this.
  15. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Booo you have to miss Frankies and Musica show.. Shoulda stayed in CLE hahah

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  16. Michael Schmidt

Dude, you have no idea the things and thoughts running through my head right now. So my luck.

17. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

No I'm sure Chicago is a million times better than Cleveland!

18. Michael Schmidt

It's been kind of a rough start in terms of concerts. I missed 3EB. I couldn't go to Rozwell Kid. And I attempted to go to Captain, We're Sinking, but it was a four band bill with doors at 9 on a Wednesday night. I couldn't stay the whole time because of work the next day. Apparently that is pretty common for 21+ venues here. The grass may not be greener for shows if that's the case. Cleveland does it right with 6-7:30 doors.

19. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

I can't even imagine a show where doors aren't even until 9. I would be pretty angry about that. I'm a huge proponent of shows starting early and getting done early.

Like, Pinegrove took the stage at 10:30 last night, and while it really wasn't that bad at all, I even thought that was late, haha.

Michael Schmidt and JRGComedy like this.
  20. Michael Schmidt

The way I'm reading it is that most of the bigger and more common venues have normal doors and start times, but some of the smaller cap rooms throughout the city will do regular 21+ shows that start or have doors at 9. I've only been in Chicago for a couple weeks so I'm still learning the landscape.

ImAMetaphor likes this.
  21. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

This is correct. The CWS gig was the latest running regular show I'd ever been to in the city. A lot of the bands you and I are into are typically all ages or 17/18+ shows as well and start earlier at other venues (Bottom Lounge, Beat Kitchen, Subterranean, etc.), so I wouldn't get too discouraged for future gigs.

22. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

baltimore has a whole lot of 9pm shows, i am not a fan of that

23. Michael Schmidt

The main reason I don't like it is selfish because my hours are different. I am getting up earlier than what I'm used to. Back in Cleveland, I was getting up at 7 for work, so I could handle a later show. I'm getting up about 2.5 hours earlier now, so staying up until 1 is not really an option like it used to be until I can start working from home a little bit.

teebs41 likes this.
  24. devenstonow

Noobie

royale in boston has stupid set times. On weekends they become like, an actual club, so weekend shows have to be done by like, 9:30-10:00(or 10-10:30, I forget). Then during the week, it's rare for the headliner to go on before 10:00.

25. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

And then walking out all sweaty to see a line of people dressed in their club gear freezing outside. I remember it snowed the day of the last show and was so awful outside haha