Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Menzingers - After the Party (February 3, 2017) Album • Page 104

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, May 12, 2016.

1. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Can't find a weakest song on here but it's probably house on fire. I still like it tho

2. devenstonow

Noobie

honestly I listen to this album 3-4 times a week (and am somehow not tired of it). Pretty much always skip The Bars and Black Mass if I'm listening to it in the car. And depending on my commute (or like, sometimes I put on something else, am not feeling it, and then just throw this on) I sometimes skip from Charlie's Army or Boy Blue to Bad Catholics or After the Party.

and as much as i love it for some reason i tend to skip your wild years a lot

3. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Hey I know those places! Neshaminy Creek! Lol and the picture they use in the youtube preview makes it look like it's going to be a completely different kind of video

4. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

I love House On Fire haha. My least favorite on the record is probably The Bars, but I really enjoy the whole album.

5. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I just find Charlie's Army substance-less. It's catchy, sure, I just think it's super weak lyrically and doesn't really fit with the rest of the album in that regard. The bars is simplistic as well, but tonally it fits.

EmmanuelSCastle and Heart like this.
  6. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Charlie's army is a top 5 song. It's catchy and while it's a stupid little story, reminds me of being young and having some guy pissed at me for dating his ex

7. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I love Charlies Army. It's so fun, I think it totally fits

SamLevi11, cubsml34 and teebs41 like this.
  8. Michael Schmidt

Charlie's Army is like the I Don't Wanna Be An Asshole of the album. It's a fun upbeat song that is kind of funny. Charlie's Army reminds of the stories of Grease, West Side Story, or American Graffiti.

9. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

For me, Charlie's Army perfectly encapsulates what either Greg or Tom (can't remember which) said in an interview before the album came out, "We wanted to make an album you could put on the jukebox from start to finish" (something along those lines lol).

10. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

A sign of a great record, no one can decide on a best track and no one can decide on a weakest track

11. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

The videos that Kyle does are always so good

12. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

I'm going with Living Ain't Easy as my least favorite on the record, but that's probably more a result of sequencing. Still my favorite record to come out this year.

13. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

me too. nothing absolutely mind blowing for me so far this year though. this, code orange, and a will away are the only 2017 albums i consistently enjoy.

14. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Ha, that's probably why I don't like it then

15. MexicanGuitars

Guess who has the most liked comment on the new vid? :-)

Jason Tate and teebs41 like this.
  16. Michael Schmidt

Restorations haha. Nice!

cubsml34 likes this.
  17. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Yeah this so far is easily my top of the year. Japandroids come in 2nd thus far...and nothing else I could call "great" that I've dived into yet.

I need more time with Sorority Noise, but hopefully still have: Wonder Years, Captain We're Sinking, Airborne Toxic Event, Brian Fallon?, blink deluxe, The Killers, and the numerous other surprises that come through out the year.

18. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Plenty of great releases came out this year. This, Julie Byrne, Los Campesinos, Future, Arrange, Jay Som, Vagabond, Nnamdi Ogbonnaya, Smino, Different Sleep, The Shins

Listen to more shit!

jordalsh and RobbieBerns like this.
  19. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

The priests album is so good come on

Also I don't wanna be an asshole anymore, while simplistic, works as a statement of purpose for the album and Charlie's army just doesn't. It works as a vignette of stuff that happens in yr twenties, and I like the song, but it's not a top song or anything. Also genuinely surprised they didn't play boy blue last night but played house on fire

20. MexicanGuitars

Wouldn't you know it that the diner in the music video (with the Restos coffee cup) is part owned by Restos guitarist/keyboardist Ben Pierce lol.

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  21. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I try to, but with school and work taking up 95% of my life and as the older I get, it's hard to dive in to new music and get inspired haha ya know?

22. devenstonow

Noobie

The video had me really excited and hyped at first and was really fun. Then I remembered the name of the song and that Dave Hause tweeted about it being said.

Now I'm sad =(

23. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Looks like I'm getting a Menzingers tattoo soon, pretty excited.

cubsml34 likes this.
  24. cherrywaves

Trusted

Folks if anyone knows of people trying to get rid of their Menzingers tix for Saturday, please holler at me!

25. MexicanGuitars

Def would recommend watching highlights from the B's upcoming Saturday loss to the Panthers instead.

cherrywaves likes this.