Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Menzingers - After the Party (February 3, 2017) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, May 12, 2016.

1. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

HYPE

yip though :/

JRGComedy likes this.
  2. tucah

not champ Prestigious

I didn't even realize it had been two years since the last one/time for a new record. Excited.

3. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Oooooh nice I could use some Menzingers in the fall.

bd007h likes this.
  4. junkmanserenade

Where are your friends tonight?

Is working with Yip a bad thing? Curious, I've never heard of the guy.

5. Never been so excited (Menzingers!) and disappointed (Will Yip) at the same time.

6. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

High hopes despite Will Yip. I have faith in my boys

7. What's the deal with Will Yip?

8. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

:((((( @ will yip but still am excited

9. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

he has produced many terrible sounding records

doubledribble and Jason Tate like this.
  10. CoffeeEyes17

His production is usually very muddy at worst and generic at best. Can make songs sound...flat so to speak.

doubledribble likes this.
  11. WetwithSharp

and a little jingle...

Havent noticed this much on his albums with Anthony Green, but definitely a valid critique.

12. CoffeeEyes17

Keep You by Pianos Become The Teeth and Rooms Of The House by La Dispute are the two that always stick out to me

Deathco_019 likes this.
  13. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Maybe this is the dumbest question ever, but for somebody with a sound so oft-maligned, how does he get involved with fucking everyone?

SayHello and SpyKi like this.
  14. They have the same management company: Good Fight Management

15. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

Balance and Composure - The Things We Think We're Missing, Keep You - PBTT, Everybody is Going to Heaven - Citizen, title Fight Floral Green and Hyperview, Tigers Jaw Charmer. and basically everything else he's done except La Dispute's Rooms of the House and Petal's Shame

16. Cody

That makes a lot more sense. Does anyone wonder then if the bands he works with dig his style? That'd would suck to be pressured into working with someone due to managerial convenience.

17. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

Every band that every works with him always loves working with him. Saw something a year ago that any band that works with him hasn't worked with anyone else, don't know if that's still true. But people must love working with him

I've seen nothing but amazing things about him as a person from bands

18. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

Everyone from Philly loves him and apparently he must be really fun to hang around with and say all the right things to these bands. Also production with him costs a lot less than other studios, and the band's can all stay close to home or literally at home while recording to save money, so bands from Philly do it out of convenience. And yeah there's a lot of great Philly bands right now he's had a lot to do.

cwhit likes this.
  19. Cody

This is all so bizarre and intriguing to me. What a disconnect.

20. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

I think Rooms of the House is one of the only ones he's done I actually like...

21. Cody

Yeah, okay. More than enough reason then. Still odd, but my initial question has definitely been answered, haha.

22. Cody

Listened to OTIP today, still don't adore it the way that many seem to, but it's a solid record. Maybe Rented World will hit me when I check that out tonight. Sorority Noise is pulling me to this show, so I might as well get on board with these guys as fully as possible in the next few months.

23. cherrywaves

Trusted

Haha damn, I guess I must have poor hearing, I don't have any major gripes with any of the records I've heard that Will Yip has done. I thought he did well with both Pity Sex releases off the top. Pumped as hell to hear this

24. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

Looking forward to it!