Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Menzingers – “The Freaks” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

JRGComedy likes this.
  2. CMilliken

Trusted

I freaking love this band.

Butinsmallsteps, ECV, Collins and 3 others like this.
  3. fredwordsmith

Regular Supporter

Great band is great. This and Toy Soldier are a nice progression from After the Party, but they could just write After the Party again and I don't think anyone would complain.

4. Sean Murphy

you had me at meat tornado Supporter

I just started really getting into this band around the time ATP was released, do they generally release singles one-off like this often between albums or should we expect them to be gearing up for another full release soon?

5. jasonmerch

A couple of months ago someone on reddit said that Greg had mentioned at a show that they were planning on going into the studio in September/October to record a new album. I'd say that they're probably gearing up to release a new album sometime early next year if I were to guess. I'm going to see them on Sunday in Nashville so if I get any details I'll report back and share.

Butinsmallsteps and Sean Murphy like this.
  6. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I’d love a new album.

JimmyIymmiJ and Butinsmallsteps like this.
  7. I haven't connected with almost anything this band has done since Rented World, but I am digging this track more than I was expecting. That snare is gratingly loud the whole song but overall I was actually enjoying this track a lot!

8. Former Planets

Aaaachem! Supporter

I want more Tom and less Greg.

9. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I think there a nice balance when you have two guys who write songs and share vocals duties.

10. Kyle Max

Trusted Prestigious

They sound too similar for me to really have any complaints about who’s singing.

11. Former Planets

Aaaachem! Supporter

I thought that at first, but Greg has definitely gotten a lot more... Greg-y as the years go on.

Kyle Max likes this.
  12. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

They don't sound that similar on ATP

13. fredwordsmith

Regular Supporter

I can’t tell them apart very well on ATP either. Someone have a song by song breakdown of who sings what?

14. Jake W

Lies: G
    Thieves: T
    Lookers: G
    MW States: G
    C’s Army: G
    House Fire: T
    Mass: G
    Boy B: T
    Catholics: G
    Wild Ys: G
    Bars: T
    ATP: G
    Livin’:G

fredwordsmith likes this.
  15. VanderlyleCrybaby

This song is awesome. So is Toy Soldier, this band is so great and seemingly getting better.

16. Former Planets

Aaaachem! Supporter

Greg warbles a little more and Tom is a bit rougher sounding

17. fredwordsmith

Regular Supporter

Holy shit, I would have gotten half of these mixed up. I figured the same guy for sure sung Thieves, MW States, C's Army and House on Fire. Those all sound like near the same voice to me.

I realize we're not talking about a "Mark vs. Tom" level of difference, but that's surprising.

18. Former Planets

Aaaachem! Supporter

I got into them when OTIP came out and listened to it for 6 straight months not realizing there were two singers until I saw them live!

Jake W likes this.
  19. Jake W

On OTIP they sound REALLY similar.